Need help setting up a Sab unix Triple tuner

There are 16 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 4,352 times. The last Post () by 5joedy.

• Hello,

hope im in the correct place for this...

I have what they call a Sab unix Triple tuner..but im informed its a copy of the Amiko alien,.....??

I purchased it atleast 4 or 5 yrs ago...with enigma 2 Pre-loaded.

I see on screen of my receiver, "Vix4E2"..i assume that's my image...??? (not sure what version)

ive just seen and downloaded onto usb stick a version of Vix4E2Project here ....version 4.0.0008blue (zip format)

so my queries....

Well firstly..i assume this image as dated in the forum here as 07.2017..is a new image for 2017..? (and so will be much more up to date then my existing image)

1) can I load this over existing image of vix4E2.....?

2) will the loading of this image loose my satellite and terrestrial settings / channels...?? (motorised)

3)The BIGGIE...how does a beginner like me load this correctly....?

Thnaks to help a newbie...and I mean a complete beginner... Thanks

• Official Post

It uses the same image as the Amiko Alien 2.

I recommend downloading this image here -> OpenATV 6.1

1) Flash the image straight over the top of the existing image.

2) The flash process formats the internal memory then loads the new image. All previous settings are lost and will need configured again.

3) How to flash guide is attached.

If you have any server details back it up before flashing a new image.

oscam is the emulator of choice on spark based receivers. I`ve attached it for you.

I`ve also attached catseye motorised channel list.

[How To] Install an ipk file on any enigma2 receiver

• Wow..Thanks so much...that's more than I expected.....

can I be bold..and ask........

1) how should a real beginner back up the image already on the amiko alien box (vix4E2)...? (a how to guide)

2) with the opentv image your giving me ...does this work well for iptv at all...?

3) I wonder (but its not important) does this opentv image give an epg / over all look like sly uk...?

thanks again....?

• Official Post

1) Blue button > ViX > Image manager > Green button / New backup.

2) yes it does. Install the iptv player plugin. During installation it will also install everything necessary for stable viewing.

Download and extract the attachment from here -> Iptv PLayer Plugin

FTP IPTVPlayer folder to /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/ then restart the receiver. Start the plugin and install everything that it prompts you to.

3) Yes it does. Screenshot below is how it looks with slyk onyx skin. If you want the sky look checkout this forum -> KiddaC Skins

522716b26c0d8219067aa45b.png

• Hi...again..thanks...this is exciting....and im looking forward to success.... and coming back here with a good news story...thanks..

I assume when backing up my image at 1 above..i need a usb stick inserted to accept the back up ..to have it separated from the Amiko Alien box...?

• good morning.....

thanks to clear that up for me..good idea to have an extra swap file added....il try and have something around 4gig usb...would that accept the image back-up...? (and remove it from the box for safe keeping)

Also for the epg...would something like an 8 gig usb suffice for the epg....if plugged into the box and left as a dedicasted drive attached always to the box...? And I assume its opn this 8gig usb I would make the swap file...?

Thanks Brendan.

• Hi..agh..ok...probabrly wasting usb sticks of that size I suggested....maybe for the back up of the image a 2gig will do...while for the swap file (virtual RAM) and the epg a 4 0r 6 gig might suffice..?

while im here....Can I ask about loading the new image.....you nicely gave me a tutorial on how to do that..and after reading it...it seems the same as loading enigma2 over the original spark image...as if doing it for the first time.... I assume if I do it 20 times.... you follow the very same method ..starting off by powering off the box completely, then press and hold ok button...etc..etc..

I must be a complete nuisance..but im just trying to get this straight in my head..and not mess it up..youve been so helpful..i hope I don't pxxs you off...!!

Thanks Brendan

• and can I understand..i can have a hard drive to be the virtual ram, and for the epg data..and accept recordings all on the same hard drive...without confusing either the receiver or the hard drive..cos im confused how it understands everything...!!!

its Amazing.....!!

I suppose in terms of hard drives today were talking about 1 tb (probabrly cant buy smaller these days...) but im sure an 80 gig or 120gig would suffice..or would it for recording too...?

• hi..ive just donated to say thanks..especialy to you..of course I haven't even started to get into problems yet,,,wait til i start to upgrade image or make a swap file...!!! but im so thankful for your help here.....

where do I see the special areas I can access...cos of donating...?

Can you advise me...?

thanks...

• hi..your very welcome for donation.. hope others help ya out too...its much appreciated your work here..infact I would even say 90% of boxes purchased for private use would nt function correctly or at all.. if it want for your help...so its a big thanks to yourself.....

any way my reason to message this morning.... im aiming for iptv on this E2 box (only possible from your help),,and im wondering after viewing the VIP area's....and espeically the iptv area.....are those channel lists and info about free iptv..and need updating daily...?

and would the image you gave me (openatv 6.1) support the paid iptv service if I joined a paid server.........??

and once I settle on a slyuk skin form KiddaC Skins..wil the iptv paid service work in the platform of that slyuk skin....? (show up in that skin epg, and other slyuk skin menu's...?

Thanks again.....

• Hi..ive backed up my image...so many thanks for the procedure to do that...

I have used WinRAR to unzip openatv 6.1..biut it gave me an error messager....say file is corrupt...??

this is the message I got...??

H:\openatv 6.1+ associated software\openatv 6.1\openatv-6.1-amikoalien-20170924_usb.zip: Checksum error in H:\openatv 6.1+ associated software\openatv 6.1\enigma2\e2jffs2.img. The file is corrupt

Can you help.......Brendan

Spark STI 7111 Support

Support for ADOH R1, Amiko Alien SHD 8900, Amiko Alien Mini, Goldmaster HD 1200, Golden Media 990 CR HD PVR Spark LX, Golden Media Spark Reloaded, Edision Argus Pingulux, Edision Argus Pingulux Plus, Galaxy Innovations GI S, SAB Unix F+ Solo, Dynavision Spark, Dynavision Spark Plus, Fulan Spark I+, Truman Premier 1+, Samsat Linux 1, Startrack SRT 2020 HD, FullHD FH 2020 HD, Yumatu Spark, Visionnet Hammer, Visionnet Fireball, Superbox S750, Sogno Spark Revolution, Spark STI 7111 Receivers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!