Which method to connect tvheadend to cccamserver?

There are 7 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 4,127 times. The last Post () by amiralii.

• Hello to all.

I want to install oscam, but I saw two installation methods, one of them will create the camd.socket file on the /tmp/camd.socket path and the other does not create that file.

The fact is, I have installed tvheadend and have three C line from the cccamserver that is in another location.

As I've noticed, I have to install the oscam panel to connect tvheadend to that cccam server.

Now please give me some guidance on which method I should use.

In the meantime, if you like, write down the commands for installing oscam here. Because I saw different commands on different sites, some of them did not work properly.

Looking forward to your helpful answers. Many thanks

• From the Tvheadend docs, "Mode 5 is currently the preferred mode - others may be removed in the future".

mode 5 = "OSCam net protocol (rev >= 10389)"

It uses a network connection and does not use a socket.

For "Camd.socket filename / IP Address (TCP mode):", enter the IP address of the oscam server.

http://docs.tvheadend.org/webui/config_caclient/

As for oscam installation, it depends on which platform you want to run it. Since "mode 5" uses only a network connection, oscam can be run on any machine on your network and does not HAVE to be on the same machine that Tvheadend runs. (But in most cases it is more convenient to have them both on the same machine.)

• Your image is just showing a newcamd connection and not the CAPMT (DVBAPI) connection which should be used to connect to oscam. Those newcamd CAs should be disabled or removed.

And I assume oscam is configured as:

boxtype = pc 

pmt_mode = 4 

listen_port = 9000 # or your preferred port

For Tvheadend, under debugging: Debug subsystems, enter: descrambler,capmt and either log to a file or cut and paste the output from the webif.

Logs from oscam with debug level 128 (DVBAPI) would also be helpful...

• Hi,

I connected to oscam from tvheadend successfully and I played encrypted channels. But i found out that there are some freezing while channels are streaming in VLC. Do you know why this happened? Or is there any way to prevent freezing on these channels?

Thank you

• Dear joeuser,

it happened just for scrambled channels. We're watching and then it's freezing for 3sec and it happened a lot some times.

what is your recommendation? I'm sorry I did not get what you said exactly about adding logs or "Verbosity"?

Is there any configuration that i should have made?

OSCam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for OSCam Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!