Java6 Problems

There are 6 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,225 times. The last Post () by glenviewjf.

• Followed masterG tutorial and all seems well i put the deb line "deb hxxp://ftp.debian.org/debian unstable non-free" in sources.list and then apt-getupdate. Then when i get to the apt-get install sun-java6-jre and run the command i get

"apt-get install sun-java6-jre"

Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree
    Reading state information... Done
    Package sun-java6-jre is not available, but is referred to by another package.
    This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
    is only available from another source

E: Package 'sun-java6-jre' has no installation candidate

I have tried different packages in sources.list but still having problems trying to get this installed.

Anyone know where i could be going wrong??

• Finally managed to install sunjava6 from gui but now when i run the command ./cardproxy.sh start it gives me

Starting CardServProxy: [ FAILED ]
    Startup failed: Unsupported java vm 'OpenJDK Client VM', only the original sun v
    m has been tested with csp.

This is a true test of patience lol. Someone please rescue me before i spend another 8 hours trying to sort this.

• Thanks glenviewjf. I have it installed now after days of trying.
    The only problem is when i go to start ./cardproxy.sh i get this error:
    "Startup failed: Unsupported java vm 'OpenJDK Client VM', only the original sun vm has been tested with csp"

Any suggestions. Im getting there slowly but surely.

• Yes sorted it finally here's the commands that fixed it

"apt-get install sun-java6-bin sun-java6-jre sun-java6-jdk sun-java6-plugin"
    "update-java-alternatives -s java-6-sun"

For anyone that ever has this problem.

• Thanks glenviewjf. I have it installed now after days of trying.
    The only problem is when i go to start ./cardproxy.sh i get this error:
    "Startup failed: Unsupported java vm 'OpenJDK Client VM', only the original sun vm has been tested with csp"

Any suggestions. Im getting there slowly but surely.

• I had that problem too mate when i was first at it.

I had messed so much around with installing Java I think it just confused it.

I did a clean install of the OS..

Followed the tut to install Java and then had no problem installiing CSP..

I can MSN or teamview this morning if your on.

Other Not Listed Softcam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for Other Not Listed Softcams - CSP, DreamOS, GBox, NEWCamd, MultiCS, OSCam Smod, OSCam Ymod, SUpcam & Wicardd.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!