Is it possible to ADD functions from one SKIN to another?

There are 54 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 4,765 times. The last Post () by genius5000.

• and your not bloody over riding it in the settings are you.

On openatv that would be in the menu...setup... usage & GUI...OSD settings...

don't know where that option would live in VIX.

Swap SNR in '%' with SNR in 'db'... no (it should be no)

** A person who feels appreciated will always do more than what is expected **

• I got to know about this a few hours ago while googling ... looks like OpenATV or ViX has that option, while VTi doesn't have that OSD thing,

but they also say that dB still works as SNR %, there, like, one of my previous screenshots showed too.

have you actually tried that ?

but y'know, I tried all the images more or less, VTi kind of suits me.

• your frontendinfo.py was missing this option, that why I said it looked old and basic, There was no check for this setting. But if you dont have that setting anyway, that would make sense.

Maybe your vti image cannot bring in the db on infobar. I know you definitely can on vix and atv though. I wouldn't worry about it to much anyway. A percentage snr is much more useful.

And if your hd glass skin brings it in on the infobar on the same image, then this complicated flat skin is doing something unusual in the background. Which might be why the author of the skin was reluctant to help.

Edited once, last by KiddaC ().

• would it be possible to add this OSD option via frontendinfo.py ? :D

VTi maybe doesn't allow dB to rule the signal-world, that's why perhaps those skin blokes were kinda hesitating !?

Nah ... caint be true, because the other skin HD Glass 17 works fine on VTI with dB function.

it's either the bloody iFlatHD wont let you dB or still a coding prob !

• iflathd is building the skin via some sort of plugin.

That is why I said just stick your code in the screen infobar and not in one of them widget screens that then gets called via the infobar as panels.

<screen name="Infobar"....

[your code]

<panel name="blahblah" ....

• is this OK ....

<screen name="Infobar".

<!-- dB */-->

<eLabel text="dB:" position="50,700" size="100,50" font="Regular;40" foregroundColor="white" backgroundColor="background" transparent="1" halign="left" />

<widget source="session.FrontendStatus" render="Label" position="100,700" size="100,50" font="Regular;40" foregroundColor="darkyellow" backgroundColor="background" transparent="1">

<convert type="MyFrontendInfo">SNRdB</convert>

</widget>

<!-- dB */-->

• Use your original

<convert type="FrontendInfo">SNRdB</convert>

font size 40, is very big you know. (ignore me your on a hd skin ;) )

but yes that is basicially the structure I am suggesting.

• box wouldnt start, probably for MyFrontendinfo.py ... deleted them and trying with this code and hardboot

<screen name="Infobar".

<eLabel text="dB:" position="50,700" size="100,50" font="Regular;30" foregroundColor="white" backgroundColor="background" transparent="1" halign="left" />

<widget source="session.FrontendStatus" render="Label" position="100,700" size="100,50" font="Regular;30" foregroundColor="darkyellow" backgroundColor="background" transparent="1">

<convert type="FrontendInfo">SNRdB</convert>

</widget>

• grrr.. as I explained in my first post.

check to see if it is using a custom component.

This is actually glass hds infobar code.

<widget source="session.FrontendStatus" render="Label" font="Prive3; 14" position="792,597" backgroundColor="background" transparent="1" zPosition="5" size="50,20" halign="left" foregroundColor="unb2e0b4">

<convert type="g16ExtraSource">SnrdB</convert>

</widget>

So you probably need to copy that from glass hd into your converter folder and just use the same code

g16ExtraSource.py

• just to let you know ... tried several times everything, incl g16ExtraSource ... no luck
    I still believe it is an error in code or iflat wont let you.

should I send you those 2 XML files, just to check the errors ?

thought I ask !

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!