copying old Plugin to new image

There are 16 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,033 times. The last Post () by OJNIDOD.

• Hello everybody,

I have a similar problem like genius5000....

Spent hours and hours trying to solve the problem...with no luck.

So I would be more then thankful if anybody could help me.

I had a Satfinder plugin with SNR,AGC and BER for years on my old Dreambox image from 2010.

Now I'm on OpenPli 6.0 and I can't get the same Satfinder,although I use the same skin ( Kerni HD ).

The new Satfinder has only SNR and BER and is not working in the way I need.( like the old one ).

My question is: is there any chance to copy the old one to the new image to be perfectly the same?

Many many thanks for the help

• OK,let's try in another way....

Can anybody tell me,which parts of the script is responsible for the progress bars for SNR,AGC and BER when you open Satfinder.

What I'm trying to do,is to copy old Satfinder from Gemini 2 Image from 2010. to OpenPLi 6.0 Image so that it works completely the same.

Why?

Because with the old Satfinder it is much easier to adjust the dish,because it shows the level of the signal even when it's not locked.

The new one shows all the "0" when it's not locked,so you have no idea whether you close to get the signal or not.

C'mon guys,I am sure some of you would also consider this as a great help.

Any help from you would be much much appreciated....

• Hi "amirali.sh",

thanks for trying to help...

there is no SNR progress bar when it's not locked,but the %numbers,that are changing rapidly then,

show approximately how near you are to get "lock" signal.It's a bit of a help when aligning the dish...

As for AGC,I succedeed to copy that part of the script from the old skin to the new one,and now I have all 3 values when

open Satfinder,as well as on the infobar.It's all going on on Dreambox 8000...

But which part in the scripts would do tuner values doing the same as before, is still big enigma for me...

• Did that...but it only does some changes on the infobar concerning SNR,AGC and BER.

But no changes in the progress bar in Satfinder as I expected...

Maybe it is the Tuner that is responsible for that,so I looked into

0/lib/modules/3.2/extra/bcm4501 but as I have no knowledge about that

I don't know where to look at...

Hopefully the new 2018. will bring more luck...

Happy New Year to everybody...

• Have you actually tried the signal finder screen with the default skin rather than kerni hd skin.

I say that because I was helping someone else out with an old skin, that had a custom component for the signal finder screen and it was breaking the page.

And if you have got an android phone ( i am sure there is iphone equivalents). I used the app DMSatFinder app on my phone to align my dish. It was so much easier having your phone in your hand while up the ladder.

DMSatFinder- screenshot thumbnail

** A person who feels appreciated will always do more than what is expected **

• Hi KiddaC,,

thanks so much for joining in and trying to help.

I use this app. sometimes on my Android,but,as a keen DX-er,I mostly need it on

my Dreambox and on a big screen.Sometimes you need a very fine-tuning to

catch a signal,and then this helps a lot.

As for the skin,I use Kerni HD since 2009. and I'm so get used to it,I hardly been

able to adopt myself on some other.

To make my position more clearly,I attached 2 pictures that tells all.

On gemini Satfinder picture you will see how close you are to get a signal

and then you do some fine-tuning.

On the other hand,Satfinder on OpenPLi tells you nothing,except when you

already catched a signal.This is a difference ( for me a huge one...)

• My point i was making was have you actually tried a default skin. Your tuners might be fine. It's just that old skin might have the wrong component for showing the percentage. Which is why its showing as 0.

If this works with the default skin, it would be a case of tweaking the kerni hd code skin, rather than buggering about with all the other stuff.

• Now I tried with a default skin and the result is just the same.

Whatever skin I use on Gemini2, Satfinder works as needed,

and whatever skin I try on OpenPLi6, Satfinder always shows "0"

until it locks.

Hope I'm not wrong,but I strongly believe it's not a question of skin,

but it's something in image.

If only I knew what part of script and in what folder should I search for

to find what makes a difference,so that Satfinder shows different values.

Here again 2 pictures with a default skin....

• As mentioned above the satfinder screen on most skins use the python component frontendinfo.pyo

You need to look in

/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components/Converter

to see if you have that file.

If not you need to install it for this snr and ber to work.

I don't use openpli so just second guessing every thing here.

Just having a quick look around github here is an openpli branch that has these files.

https://github.com/project-mag…thon/Components/Converter

• I tried this as well...

I switched the whole file 0/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components/Converter/Frontendinfo.pyo from

OpenPLi image with the same one from Gemini2 image.

Just some minor changes,but no luck in showing signal level.

When you will have some time ( maybe next year ) I'll appreciate if you can take a look in files script...

Maybe some idea will occur...

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!