Best Enigma box for IPTV: DM 525 or VU+ SoloSE

There are 7 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,929 times. The last Post () by car123.

• Hello All,

I am looking for the best and fastest Enigma box for a combination of cable-tv and IPTV. I am thinking now about the dreambox DM525 or the VU+ Solo SE.

Important for me are: speed (fastest zapping speed!), stability, and compatibility with different images. I will most likely use OpenATV but I am also considering dream-elite. My budget is approx. 150-200 euro. Which receiver would your recommend? Or are there any other receivers which you would recommend?

Pro's for the DM525 are the compatibility with all images, and the display on the front, but it seems it has a slower processor (750 Mhz) than the VU+ Solo SE (1300 Mhz). My main concern is the zapping speed on IPTV channels !

• I am using a VU+ solo SE with OpenTAV 6.1. works perfect. The only disadvantage is that you have to buy an external tuner if you are interested also on cable or terrestrial channels. For myself I got a VU+ USB Turbo. There is support almost in all images.

Regarding stability on IPTV you have to consider also that it depends mostly from the server.

Regards

• I have a Mutant HD51, with SAT and TDT tuner, Kodi, IPTV.

And I am very happy with it, have good Openspa forum and support.

Very cheap too.

Luck.

• Only for iptv is the best Android box

for example with

CPU: Amlogic S912 Octa core ARM Cortex-A53 CPU up to 2GHz (DVFS)

GPU: ARM Mali-T820MP3 GPU up to 750MHz (DVFS)

RAM: 3GB DDR3

Memory size: 32GB EMMC Flash

and of course a good operator of iptv

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!