one or 2 Nlines question

There are 8 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,406 times. The last Post () by hs5424.

• I am trying to settle a difference of opinion regarding a twin tuner Vu duo receiver.

I currently have this box for years and have access to my friends card using one N line. This allows me to record one channel and watch another channel at the same time without any problems. These channels are not FTA. Another mate is adamant that I should have 2 N lines for this to work properly. He has stated that I will be causing a 'double login' on my mates server which will cause problems.

I need clarification to settle this.

• I'm sure if your friend had issue with double logins, he'd have let you know by now.

It's just settings in oscam which can be enabled / disabled.

You could just ask your friend though, to make sure.

• Thanks for your reply.

I am sure if I was causing issues on his server he would have let me know before this. I think my other friend was making the point that one stb with twin tuners is the same as two clients connected to the server from an ecm point of view ????????.

Maybe he is correct. Wanted to confirm before I started buy the pints.;(;(.

Happy new year.

• Official Post

My understanding on this is a reshare is required for recording / timeshift.

An N line (newcamd protocol) cannot be resticted, so basilcally you are allowed to reshare everything the server has available to reshare.

A C line (CCcam protocol) can be resticted. If the server hasn`t allowed reshare you would need an extra c line to record / timeshift..

A double login could be when the server is using anticascading to limit the amount of sid`s (channels) you are allowed to zap per second. If you are watching multiple channels per second because of timeshift you will receive a penalty, which is usually a temporary ban.

https://linuxsat-support.com/o…tml#acosc_max_active_sids

• Payservers is key with this query like samsid has highlighted ! thats where everything goes wrong when it comes to this hobby we have and still continues to this day !

CCcam gave these scumbags grief years ago and Oscam also had issues with reshare but this was mostly before twin tuner recievers were manufactured so its a weird question.

However to answer your question, you do not need 2 seperate servers for this to work which i am positive everyone here will tell you anyway, some people who have motorised systems may use european servers for multiple european packages and one single server for the country(provider) they reside in for stabilty and in turn maybe having the europen server as a possible backup.

Its just not Logical to assume 2 servers are required for one single caid on allowing a twin tuner reciever to operate, well i have never heard of it anyway..

Payservers i believe also asked which box you had which i think was already discussed here so i dont see the problem/ in any case its easy to babysit as cw encryption is sent in a certain amount of time, so for instance nds sends cw,s at around the 8 to 10 seconds mark/ nagra around the 12 to 18 second mark i think so its easy to see how many ecms are being sent anyway to see any doubling up or reshare issues.

• Makes sense. Thanks for your input.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!