Octagon SF4008 - Problems with boot and USB flash

There are 6 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 3,853 times. The last Post () by gonosat.

• Hello - hope I've posted in the correct forum, pretty sure I have searched all related threads that search engines throw up and tried all the suggestions.

I have an Octagon SF4008, which was running ATV 6.1. I've been playing about with it installing and removing plugins, tweaking bouquest etc, and decided (stupidly as it turns out!) to freshen it up by starting from scratch with a flash of the latest nightly build from USB. That is where it has all gone horribly wrong!

I formatted (FAT32) a Sandisk 8GB USB and extracted the latest ATV image to it. I plugged in the USB and powered up the SF4008. At the prompt I didn't get the "flashing" message, but instead got "Inittd" and then "root file system". I removed the USB and tried to reboot to the (old) OS version but the box stuck at "booting". So far I have tried:

- several different USB drives (1, 2,4 and 8GB, different brands).

- several different (older) versions of ATV

- (after a google) replacing two of the files (partition.update and recovery) with alternative ones linked to issues like this

- an OpenVix Image

- formatting wiith a full format on windows

-formatting with other tools

The only thing that has changed is that when I boot (with any usb and image) it goes to "root file system" then to "booting" (initially hung at "root file system).

I know these boxes are fussy wiith USB drives, so as a precaution have ordered a brand new kingston drive which should arrive tomorrow.

In the mean time any ideas if there's anything I can try to get it going or if there's any more information that might help to diagnose

Thanks!

Paul

• sf4008-PurE2-Fix

• Thanks - just booted from that and get slightly different, - first message "bootloader" then "root file system" then "booting...." where it seems to hang like before. Not sure if there's a button sequence or anything? Thanks for replying in any case.

• master G

Added the Label Image Flashing & Backup Support

OCTAGON SF4008 4K UHD Linux Enigma 2 2160p Wifi Multi-Stream Dual DVB-S2X & DVB-C/T2 Combo Receiver.

Download OCTAGON SF4008 4K UHD Images and Enigma2 Team Support from OpenATV, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenPLi, OpenLD, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!