New Smargo Freezing with ##y card

There are 9 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 665 times. The last Post () by csr1.

• Hi,
    i have Linux server running with Unbuntu 10.04 on 6089 stable Bin configured a Smargo which is brand new but has bad freezing on ##y card tried altering poundage and clock and MHZ with no success my reader config is below:

[reader]
    label = smargo
    description =
    protocol = smartreader
    device = 002:002
    pincode =
    boxid =
    showcls = 0
    caid = 0963
    ecmwhitelist = 0963:3E,42,44,45,47,4E,4F,53,54,61,62,67,68,69,6A,6B,6D,6F,71,72,73,77,78,79,7C,7D,7E,80,8B
    detect = cd
    mhz = 600
    cardmhz = 600
    group = 9
    emmcache = 1,3,2
    blockemm-unknown = 1
    blockemm-u = 1
    blockemm-s = 1
    blockemm-g = 1
    audisabled = 1

Really scratching my head how to tackle this have reverted back to my Omnikey till i solve this.

many thanks
    csr1

• Hi,
    thanks for the reply could you give me the link for the windows utility and is the current firmware ok the symptoms i also have are with the freezing the ECM times spike and the reader stops reading the card before i pass over logs will try to change config via utility.
    thanks
    csr1

• Thanks,
    for the link the windows updater and config setter do i need to insert Smargo first or open up the app first
    csr1

• Official Post

Make sure the smargo is plugged into the PC with NO viewing card in it.

Run the SmartreaderUpdate.exe

If the firmware is v1.3 it will say so in the status bar at the bottom of the window and you can close this util, if not, click the update button and it will apply the update.

Change the kernel settings to Auto and click Apply.

Set the clock frequency to 6.00mhz.

Now your done with the Smargo setup tools.

• Hi,
    can confirm i had v1.3 firmware this is what i did Kernal setting was auto and i clicked apply then went to fixed where i could change the freq to 6 Mhz on Auto Kernal is normal when i go to fixed it shows 6Mhz.
    How do i know if the Smargo is set to 6Mhz.
    thanks
    csr1

• Hi,
    still no further forward set up 2 Smargos today both had freezing issues and explored different settings of Freq using a Logik powered Hub any ideas
    thanks
    csr1

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!