Network browser keeps crashing my VU+ (Vix 2.3)

There are 3 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 908 times. The last Post () by pheonix.

• Hey guys,

I have been tweaking my VU+ duo the last few days and have it almost perfect.

I get a strange problem though when i try to select network browser: the screen goes black and displays a load of small writing and says something like "your receiver has crashed and will restart in 10 seconds", this happens every single time i select network browser.

I have a 2TB HDD fitted mapped to /media/hdd

I have a 4GB USB stick mounted as /media/usb

I successfully set up a mount point with my windows 7 PC (with the help of you guys)

I read somewhere that to get help it is a good idea to create crash logs. I enabled crash logs and set the save location to /media/usb via the settings on the box (I didn't enable debug logs though) and selected network browser again so the box would crash but when i check the logs folder in /media/usb/logs it is empty, i have also checked /home/root/logs and there are no logs there also.

Any idea why my logs are not being created guys? Should i enable debug logs also?

I really want to know why "network browser" is crashing my box and how I can fix it

Any opinions/suggestions welcome

Thanks in advance

Alan

• go to the logs manager on the receiver and see if the logs are visible there if so send them directly to us from the very same logs manager on your receiver.

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

• there are no logs visible there mate,

I have just enabled debug logs and entered my email address but its asking me for a username in the settings.

What username do i input here?

thanks for taking the time to reply

cheers

alan

VU+ DUO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!