Ultimo 4k, HDMI 4k Splitter and 4K TV?

There are 5 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,257 times. The last Post () by bodiddly.

• Is anyone using an HDMI 4k splitter with their Ultimo 4k and 4k TV? I can get a picture on my TV using all the resolutions in the A/V setup Mode except the 2160p mode. If I connect the Ultimo 4k directly to my TV using just an HDMI cable then I get a picture. But no picture when I add the 4k splitter. I`m using Blackhole 3.0.5.

bo.

• I think I have located the problem. I have switched images from Blackhole to Open Blackhole. On the OBH image inthe settings their is the option to choose 2160p30. When I choose this option the splitter works no problem. Is there a some sort of workaround for this option in the Blackhole image settings?

bo.

• Is anyone using an HDMI 4k splitter with their Ultimo 4k and 4k TV? I can get a picture on my TV using all the resolutions in the A/V setup Mode except the 2160p mode. If I connect the Ultimo 4k directly to my TV using just an HDMI cable then I get a picture. But no picture when I add the 4k splitter. I`m using Blackhole 3.0.5.

bo.

The Problem seem to be EXACTLY what I had. You must use a 4K switcher or 4K matrix switcher or a SPLITTER that does 4K @ 50 or 60 Hz, NOT 30 Hz. Now I have thrown away my 4K Switcher which was a 4K @ 30 Hz, yes I threw away my splitter too that was 4K @30 Hz

Once I got all that can do 50 or 60 refresh rate all worked Perfext. I can switch a 4K 50 Hz to and 4K tell that does 4K @ 50 or 60. Yes also I was able to put a Sat Channel that is 4K@ 50 through the Switcher and then to the Splitter too two 4 K Tv's . Yes I'm using BH 3.0.5 with the Ultimo 4k.

If you use Open BH you have a option that convert the 50-60 to 30 Hz but if you do this you migh lose feature on the BH image itself

• Well I`ve given up on trying to find a solution to my setup. My setup is Ultimo 4k box to HDMI 1-2 output splitter to HDMI 1080p projector and LG 4k Nano Cell TV. The output mode on my Ultimo 4k using latest Blackhole image is 1080p. I`m happy with this because, honestly, when I connect my Ultimo 4k directly to my 4K TV and set the output mode to 2160p, I see no difference in the picture quality.

bo.

• when I connect my Ultimo 4k directly to my 4K TV and set the output mode to 2160p, I see no difference in the picture quality.

bo.

You wont see any better if you looking at a 1080i or even a p feed and have the ultimo set at 1080p but if you put the ultimo 4k on a 4k sat feed it will fire up a 2160P and the video will be very good in PQ. Leaving it on 1080P is ok but when you find a 4K feed your TV will go BLACK.

• master G

Added the Label Hardware Support

VU+ ULTIMO 4K PVR ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver UHD 2160p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!