external blu ray drive

There are 8 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,571 times. The last Post () by allivnotsa.

• hi, is it possible to connect an external blu ray drive to the usb of any of the vu+ receivers?, looking at the duo and ultimo as a replacement for a spiderbox and looking to save a few quid by not buying a dedicated blu ray player.

• Why would you wanna add a blue ray drive to yer vu?

Any information provided on this site is not guaranteed in any way. Some articles may discuss topics that are illegal, so this information is provided for educational purposes only, your use of the content, downloads and files, or any part thereof, is made solely at your own risk and responsibility. Viewing Pay TV without a valid subscription is illegal. !! Linuxsat-Support.com cannot be held responsible for the content of any information stored or posted on this forum.

• hi mutz, i am interested in knowing whether this is possible as i need a new blu ray player and seeing as a dvd drive can be used on vu boxes , would like to know if a blu ray drive would work for blu ray playback, and if not would it be down to images not supporting it or the reciever itself.

• The thing is you need people who can work with and adapt hardware drivers for these devices but those kinds of people are hard to come by in our hobby. we did have a guy in ViX going back to the old 1x series images who worked with the drivers for us but he did a runner when we moved over to the pli source.

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

• I wouldn't hold your breath - Blu Ray support is barely existent in linux, due to the way the copy protect decryption works. The methods have only recentlty got to the stage where it is possible, but not to the point where you can pop in a disc and it plays. Until recenlty we always had to rip the full disc, and even still, playback would be dependent on having the keys. I didn't bother with this when I had my HTPC, and opted for Windows due to the lack of Blu Ray support in linux. I am sure it will happen eventually, but that is just linux. the Vu+ is another thing. One thing the Vu+ Duo (only know this through having one) does have is External SATA support, so in theory should be able to have Blu Ray drive support dependent on working drivers, but I think we are still possibly years away from an actual Blu Ray film straight from the shop being able to play on the Vu+ This being the case I don't think that the developers would even bother getting at least the drive working, because there isn't any point until it will play the movies!

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

VU+ DUO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!