Is there a vpn plugin available for enigma2

There are 12 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 12,518 times. The last Post () by jbgooner.

• Hi morning guys. Is there a vpn plugin available for enigma2 ?

You should be able to access OpenVPN via network menu you just need the correct configs from your VPN in etc/openvpn this varies on provider so what VPN are you using or wanting to use?

There is also a VPN config changer here OpenVPN - VPN Chance Plugin you can have all your different countries in hdd/VPN

I have a simple script for My Private Network that should work on most images providing its upto date

Code
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/2a6p9t3i89h6vg9/Guide%20for%20setting%20up%20OpenVPN%20with%20MYVPN.docx?dl=0

The above script is only for My Private Network as they only need one conf file and you can change countries within one conf, for most others you need the configs for each country and some need cert files.

An example of how I previously did Digibit:

On box I created a folder called digibit and dragged all the configs to that folder.

Now I used putty in typed

Code
    cd /digibit

this will put putty in the digibit folder

Now I used a simple command to rename all the .ovpn files to .conf

Code
    for x in *.ovpn; do mv "$x" "${x%.ovpn}.conf"; done

Now to add password.txt to each conf file with one command I used

Code
    sed -i -e "s/auth-user-pass/auth-user-pass password.txt/g" /digibit    /*.conf

Then created a password.txt in etc/openvpn and added my username and password

So now I have all the configs in /digibit I can just drag the server I want to etc/openvpn and start openvpn.

Unfortunately I,m not sure how to get the script to move one selected conf to etc/openvpn with using country at the top, but this works quite well.

• I’m not sure which vpn server it is got a customers vu+ solo2 box and he’s bought a vpn server already.

How do I put all these different countries in bed/vpn ? vpn chance plugin I got it installed now on box.

If I do these commands on putty will the config files go in the correct place or do I need to put them myself ?

• You will need to download the configs from the provider.

Then for each conf file you need to FTP hdd/vpn create a folder and name it to the country ie Barcelona, you will also need a password.txt or user.txt file with your username and password in it. So hdd\vpn\Barcelona.

Before trying the VPN changer plugin you need to know how to edit the conf file but this varies on providers.

Most provide .ovpn files you need to rename them to ,conf

Now you need to edit the .conf files again this may depend on provider so maybe google will be best but most have a line auth-user-pass

You need to edit that line so it says auth-user-pass password.txt, Use a compatible text editor ie notepad++ not standard notepad.

Try setting one conf file first so you know how it works.

Once you have edited one of the conf file FTP etc and create an openvpn folder and put the conf file in that folder now create another file called password.txt and add your username and passwprd to it save and add the password.txt to etc/openvpn.

So now in etc/openvpn we should have the .conf file and password.txt plus you will need to add the .cert file if its with the configs that have been downloaded.

You will be best finding out what VPN they are using then google name OpenVPN enigma2 and you should be able to find a guide.

• Ok will do so the downloading which one do you recommend I should buy I haven’t bought one yet.

I have done this before but I have totally forgotten it and now it looks hard to follow this guide. I will try and let you know.

Thanks dsayers

• Ok will do so the downloading which one do you recommend I should buy I haven’t bought one yet.

I have done this before but I have totally forgotten it and now it looks hard to follow this guide. I will try and let you know.

Thanks dsayers

I have only used My Private Network and digibit, both work fine I prefer My Private Network as they only need one conf file so I just run the script every time I want to change server but they cost more than digibit. Im not sure if digibit do trials if they do try both and go from there.

• What’s best about private network and digibit ?

I haven't fully tested them just used for EPL blocks and both work fine im not a VPN expert so maybe others can advise about best VPN,s, Just to add though VPN,s can reduce speeds I get around 100 mb download without and about 30 with but you also need to try different countries.

• I have Vu + DUO and Xtrend6500. Image OpenPli 6.2. Softcam Oscam. I have the VPN configuration. Please, where do I insert VPN config and how to activate it after installation?

• OpenPLi doesnt have noob friendly openvpn installation. You need to manually install it:

opkg install openvpn

"Config, keys and licenses should be put in ./etc/openvpn... after installation and restart it should be auto restarted. Manual restart could be done via /etc/init.d/openvpn [start/stop/restart]"

• Easiest option, by far and I what I do:

Buy a VPN router. I have one from Libertyshield. It plugs into your own router so you have the option of connecting either your own router, or the VPN router. Works a treat, set up in minutes.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!