Screenreader plugin for enigma2

There is 1 reply in this Thread which was already clicked 531 times. The last Post () by Satmeter.

• Hello, I have a visually impaired friend very involved in satellite TV (and computer in general). He uses Windows and Macos from many years thanks to many screenreaders available for most platforms. But what about enigma2? He uses standard non-linux satellite receivers from years, but linux is a big problem for him. The problem is complex and variable onscreen receiver menus. Connecting the box to computer is not an issue. As I know, a linux-based screenreader called ORCA is available, but I absolutely do not know if it could be installed on any enigma2 box. Please note that I and my friend have very poor linux knowledge. My friend's goal would be having a "voice guide" in his satellite receiver, like Apple Voiceover or similar (he uses flawlessly AppleTV and other Apple devices). Please note that some new Sony television set includes such accessible interface, but I suspect it is a proprietary one. Any possible suggestion would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!