s10 setup in caravan

There are 8 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,987 times. The last Post () by ladder 49.

• Hi guys,

setting up openbox s10 in the caravan with the below

3 3g dongle laptop & crossover cable

seen a couple of posts but ICS not working, any one used these successfully

Thanks in adv

G

• Sorry my friend, never tried.
    But, 3 3g dongle laptop & crossover cable...... i think this doesnt work.

• Thanks guys, was looking a quick fix for the footy, will get a 3g router for next week

Its three dongle e353 great signal on laptop so hope its ok

thanks

• i am using the TP-link Mini External WiFi/3G Router

TP-link Mini External 802.11b 150Mbps WiFi/ 3G Mobile Broadband Wireless Router

I am using Three Mobile BB,i have the TP-Link hard wired via the rj45,in the TP-Link control panel i have disabled all firewall settings,the 3G settings are default to Three Mobile BB.i have set the WIFI Password WPA2 as the norm with any WIFI router.
    If your laptop or PC has WIFI lol most should by now,you will be able to use the 3G BB but you will cause glitch.

The TP-Link can be powered via the USB rear hub on the Openbox or if you wish via the supplied USB mains adapter.

Allow up to 1 min when you have a picture i would put the box on a FTA channel,then switch to a Sub channel after 1 min.

I put 1GB data pack on,then checked the used data on the expire date,total data used for 4 weeks with the box left on 24-7 & used daily surfing & watching sub channels was 64MB.

If you have a poor signal you can buy a flexi USB cable,this is a stiff cable the can be bent in to any shape,they are about 8 inches long,just make the cable straight then plug this to the top of the TP-Link 3G router,this will then allow you to mount the USB high up vertical,which should increase your signal quality.tbh with the box low on the floor & the USB modem laid horizontal this does not help the 3G signal strength.
    I put my TP-Link in on the window sill used a 1 meter rj45 cable & powered the TP-Link via the USB mains adapter.
    so far no glitch or ecm drops.

Next test is with gifgaf 3g BB only £5 for 1 month of 500MB data,as some less known 3G providers may deny access to certain server ports etc.

Hope the above helps for peeps testing or have no piped broadband or as said mobile use for holidays/camping.

• Get this for £25 3g wireless router

Get something like this for £20 3G unlocked dongle

Stick a giffgaff sim card in it and for £10 a month unlimited internet aswell (Just don't go mad 100GB+ in a month) also runs on 02 network so best network out there for signal.
    Seen this done before and works fine for caravan depending on location really

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!