problems with standby/startup/powering on ViX

There are 6 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,876 times. The last Post () by pheonix.

• ever since i changed to latest build of vix, ive been having serious problems with standy.

when the box goes into standby now, it will not come back out - i disabled all the hdmi CEC stuff to make sure that it wasn't anything to do with some conflict with my AV receiver, but its made no difference.

the damn thing just won't power back on when i press the red power button on the remote, and i have to go to the back of the box and force switch off and on again.
    what the hell is going on with it?

any ideas where to start? what should the settings be regarding standby?

• The first thing i would do is put the version of ViX back on that you were using prior to the update, and check that you dont have the same problem.If you find that all is back to normal then try to put the latest version back on.Sounds like a bad flash to me.

Try that and let us know how you get on.

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• cant speak for others and i'm not dismissing your problems but i have never had such a problem with any build of ViX regardless of the kernel version, out of interest what hardware revision is your receiver ? as mine is a early version 1.3 main board ( originally came with a white remote control unit ) which may or may not have some bearing on this problem ?.

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

• I think the problem only happens with certain configurations, obviously a bug somewhere. I have seen others report issues, and I had this same issue every morning, where it wouldn't come out of standby. If you enter the system settings, and then select time settings, make sure you have it sync to transponder time rather than NTP. This could cure the issue as it did with me. The default time setting is transponder time, so you would have needed to change this setting in the first place, but there is definitely a problem with it somewhere. It might be affected by the EPG as well, as it only failed to turn on in the morning, after openepg updates. when it failed to come out of standby, I always noticed the date and time was incorrect, which is why I suspected a problem with NTP.

I can only speak for the issues I had, but it I now have it running without any crashes, with openepg updates, transponder time, and a cron set up to reboot after EPG updates, with Startup To Standby Plugin - which fetches transponder time before it returns to standby.

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• There is sometimes a problem with some boxes where they can crash during EPG download due to low memory This is usually solved by using a temporary swap file, There is also a possibility of some Duo's suffering some kind of memory leak with the new 3.1.1 kernel. Vu are aware of this and have one of the affected boxes in their possession now to try and find the cause and hopefully a fix.

as i said however my own Duo is and always has been rock solid.

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!