2 small problems left... usb hdd and missing channel

There are 9 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,148 times. The last Post () by s1m0nw.

• hey guys,

Firstly Thanks for all the help youve gave me with this box.

Got 2 small problems -

Usb pen - cant seem to select this for crossepg (it sees it in telnet but if try to mount say it is in use by system)

no sid in pat - for *** prem+1 - does anyone have details for this channel? so i can adjust it in dbedit (*** uk 28.2e)

Cheers

• I am away at the moment but when I get back I will have a look at it. I have a USB pen working with the receiver on the TeamRed - I think you might have to initialise it or somethingl, but I also had an issue I think with the AAF where I needed to edit the fstab file for it to be recognised by crossepg - give us a couple fo days - haven't got my receiver around to look over what you have to do - but to be honest I couldn't find the answers, messed around with the box and found my own, so it is always worth doing that as much as you can - you learn a lot on the way - if no luck or no other answers by tue or weds eve then i am sure i will be able to find the answer for you!

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• Tried messing around - theres no Hard disk option under menu to initialise it - Had this problem with vu+ with my hdd but turned out hdd was faulty but in this instance usb pen is working fine and hard disk menu isnt there under menu.

I tried initailising it with telnet - that see it attached but again wont initialise says it being used by system

So am kinda at a lost what else I can do.

I'll wait it not a problem - the box is working otherwise. Just need the usb pen to work for epg data

cheers

• Format the usb to fat32,
    then menu on remote, openAAF panel,plugins,mountmanager
    you should c mount: /media/usb which means that its mounted, if not blue button to mount.

Menu button/setup/crossepg/configure/ storage device change to usb flash memory

Are you clearing all the channels?

• @ s1m0nw were is the usb pen pluged in, back are front? Try diff usb if that doesnt work

• I can't speak German, but looking at the gigablue support forum, it appears that some USB drives don't install. Thinking back, I think my issue was with a external HDD rather than a USB drive.

There should be a folder either called /media or /mnt - have a look in this folder to see if there are any folders that relate to your device. could b USB or USB1, but could even be a strange random looking name that it might have created.

The fstab file (which is found in /etc) will usually have an entry like this;

Code
    /dev/sdb1            /mnt/usb             auto       defaults              0 0

the random looking name will most likely refer to the device, such as sda1, sdb1, sdb5 etc.

If the device is not in the fstab, then it may well not be mounting in a way that is recognised by CrossEPG, so you might need to edit the above line to get it to mount as /mnt/usb rather than /mnt/something else

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• thanks for the info.

I'll have a go at this at wkend - the box in question is now in my grandpa's house.

When I did fsdisk -l (i think that was the command) in telnet it show up under sda1 with a size allocation of 16gb which is the size of usb pen, So telnet is picking it up but it wont let me do anything else as it seems to think its being used by system.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!