Viasat Nordic - new black card, a mistake?

There are 7 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,035 times. The last Post () by seagen.

• Hi all

I am having trouble with Oscam and the new black Viasat Nordic card. I can not get it to decode the signal (no entitlements). My setup is Xtrend et4000 with OpenPli 6.1 and Oscam (svn11400r0.0) installed via Plugins.

This is what happend:

I have recieved a new black Viasat Nordic card. I have inserted the new card into the old reciever (Pace TDS865N called 'ViasatPlusHD'). And I got picture on it.

My question is....was it a mistake to put the card in the old reciever? If it was, is there anything that can be done to make it work?

• Hi - yes I saw that thread.

But is my old Pace TDS865N considered an 'old SD box'?

It is my understanding that the card has to be paired with the old SD reciever, but not the newer HD reciever.

• Hi - yes I saw that thread.

But is my old Pace TDS865N considered an 'old SD box'?

It is my understanding that the card has to be paired with the old SD reciever, but not the newer HD reciever.

Pace TDS865NV = HD-PVR

You may also see this if you try a viaset HD channel, should work in the original box

• OK - that leaves me with 3 questions:

1: The Pace TDS865NV are considered a HD reciever, correct?

2: I will need to get an even older SD reciever to do the card pairing, correct?

3: Is it too late to pair the card to an old SD reciever, now that I have already paired it with my TDS865NV?

• If you are able to pair the card to an SD-reciver, the problem is that you only get SD-channels - with the card directly into an Enigma reciver I mean.
    If you want HD-channels in an Enigma box, you probably need an original CI+ modul...

At least, I'm not aware of any other solution for the moment :|

• Hmmm....maybe the real question is....

Is it really worth the effort to go through all this, just to get the SD channels!? I just saw a list of programs that Viasat have/will convert to HD, and they are the main programs that I watch. I assume that within the next few months everything will be HD. And that will be the end.

I guess you are right. The CI+ module are the answer for now. With the limitations that follows...

• Official Post

CI+ mudule is limeted since you cant share any CommonInterface. But you can share,stream channels inside your private network with CI+

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everything in life that's any fun is either immoral, illegal or fattening

If you want to support the Linuxsat-Support forum

Become a VIP Member

• master G

Set the Label from Viasat OSCam to Nagra Cards OSCam

OSCam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for OSCam Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!