Is Oscam better or CCcam

There are 2 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 3,117 times. The last Post () by Nitro123.

• Hello all tech guys.

I’m wondering is Oscam better than CCcam because i have had few in the last few months and had lots of glitching ? If Oscam is better how do I set it up I read on some random forum that it was good and runs smooth then CCcam

• Official Post

I have no problem with Cccam as an local homelan client but as cardsharing server i will allways use Oscam before Cccam.

Why? well cccam protocol has no encryption so it send everything as open text.

Then to setup oscam its really depends on what card system you use if you want to use it as card server.

If you will use it as an regular client its just simple setup of reader as clients.

Add reder and choose cccam if thats your client nown

and in device settings of the readre just type in the ipadress or dyndnds adress to the cardserver with an , followed by portnumber.

ex: 192.168.1.10,1200 or if dyndns: dyndnsadress,1200 where 1200 is the portnumber

and go down to the bottom where you add your username and password then start reader.

Same approche for other system like Newcamd just choose system when adding reader.

For etup of card server there is more complicated. and to help you there we need to now what cardsystem you are using.

But if you go to Oscam support section here at the forum you find planty of info for all setups

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everything in life that's any fun is either immoral, illegal or fattening

If you want to support the Linuxsat-Support forum

Become a VIP Member

OSCam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for OSCam Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!