Need Help with bricked Amiko Mini Combo HD SE

There are 3 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,084 times. The last Post () by anestis1956.

• Hi. :hello

I have one Amiko Mini Combo HD.

I Have installed a new firmware and after upload the channel list by usb, the box restart.

When starting the box it gets the information ON and does not start. It stays ON forever.;(

I did an exhaustive search on google and realized that with a cable and a program it is possible to recover the BOX. My doubts are:

Which program to use to perform the firmware upgrade.

Which cable to use? My computer only has a USB port. It has no COM port. Do I need an adapter? How do I connect the cables? is the cable "StarTech.com 1 Port FTDI USB to Serial RS232 Adapter Cable with COM Retention - USB to RS232 Serial Port Adapter" indicated?

Has anyone had this problem? The cable is not cheap and I wanted to know if it is possible to solve the problem before buying the cable if this cable is indicated.

Sorry for all these issues, but my knowledge in this area is not the best.

If you can help me, I'm very grateful.

AJcpPT

Edited once, last by AjcpPT ().

• Code
    Hello. same problem i have with amiko 8155, it does not receive rs232 cable software, can someone give me a flash dump for this receiver.thank you.

https://youtu.be/ZwX3Srcvq_k
  • gik2000, did you manage to recover your box?

I 'm in the same status with mine, too.

After reading this post : eprom flashing (post #24 by Nunomix) I'm thinking of buying a CH341A 24 25 Series EEPROM Flash BIOS USB Programmer & a SOIC8/SOP8 Test Clip For EEPROM for the programmer, but I am not sure if it will work.

So, what did you do with your box?

P.S. I did buy a programmer and a clip, but unfortunately it did not work, I get the error "Chip Main Memory with the contents are in dissagreement".

octagon sf8008 4K combo

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!