Box for satellite 4k uhd viewing

There are 25 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 5,138 times. The last Post () by car123.

• Any recommendations for a reciever for satellite 4k uhd and general satellite viewing, i'am not much good with linux so presume that only leaves a Android combo type box.

At the moment thinking the upcoming Amiko A5 4k uhd combo may well be suitable, when i've read up on Andriod boxes for satellite viewing they seem to all be a bit buggy n slow though ?

• DM 920 UHD with triple combo Multistream Tuner,great box.

But must to know something about Linux (Enigma2).

Thanks but it's the lack of knowledge with linux ( tried a Vu before and sent it back ) that's where iam struggling to find a 4k uhd satellite receiver as all the 4k android boxes seem to be under powered also?

• Official Post

that's where iam struggling

What were you struggling with on a linux receiver ? We can help you with that. You don`t need any knowledge of linux to use one.

IMO android receivers are best for Kodi and apps. The firmware/software is closed source, so not much can be modified to your liking.

Where enigma2/linux receivers are best for viewing TV because it has plugin support for EPG, IPTV, different customisable firmware and much more.

There aren`t that many UHD channels worth while viewing, so keep that in mind.

What is your budget and what else do you require from the receiver (twin tuners, satellite, terrestrial, cable, internal HDD, multistream, etc) ?

• When i tries a Vu+ box previously i couldn't even find/lock on other satellites apart from 28 e Astra (usuals was 10 degrees off at the time on my dish which wouldn't of helped )

On linux i need to decide which image is best ....not really seen much on pros and cons of each ie. blackhole, vix, openpli, openatv etc.

Which image comes with inbuilt Oscam ? otherwise i would need to add that of course....from what i've read adding 3 different oscam folders to the right directory seems overly complicated.

would need to add my C line and change to oscam (found a programme that seems to do this easy.)

would need to add satellite channel list

would need to set up usb to record.....from what i've read this seems long winded compered to old Technomate boxes where you just stick it in receiver and your good to go.

would need to set up epg and favorites of course.

It's the transferring of files to correct folders, just need basic 4k uhd box for satellite only, don't need extra tuners , agree on android boxes being mainly for apps which is partly why ignored thoose for now. Shame no standard Technomate type boxes do 4k uhd satellite yet.

• Official Post

When i tries a Vu+ box previously i couldn't even find/lock on other satellites apart from 28 e Astra (usuals was 10 degrees off at the time on my dish which wouldn't of helped )

We can help configure that for you, so don`t be put off an enigma2 receiver. Its much more versatile and what i would recommend.

On linux i need to decide which image is best ....not really seen much on pros and cons of each ie. blackhole, vix, openpli, openatv etc.

The only way to do this is by testing, but you will still have a user friendly interface with enigma2 compared with android/closed source firmware.

Which image comes with inbuilt Oscam ?

Openvix allows a download from its image feed. Choose an image and i will provide the required oscam and configs.

oscam configs are attached, just add your reader to oscam.server. Attached oscam also has configs.

This tool will convert your lines to oscam -> Camsconverter, cccam2oscam, mgcamd2oscam

Adding channel lists and recording is simple. Let us know when you are ready to tackle these steps and i will try my best to help buddy.

• Vu Zero 4k uhd ordered this morning....will arrive tomorrow....hopefully i won't miss delivery

Box is coming with Openvix already on

Will add latest Cats eyes channel list and set up motor for usals following a guide i have got from elsewhere

check dish is moving fine and picking up main satellites

add Blue hd skin (theres a vid guide on openvix page )

add cline using cccam to oscam using converter tool

add epg...... is this straight forward and done from openvix menu ?

set up usb to record

then i should be good to go ? Any steps ive missed out ?

does Oscam auto update or will it need re adding when theres new channels of interest ?

Whats the best Ftp/telnet programme to use for sending files across to the box ?

• hi I use fizella client , u will get support in the forum .

aslo if u really stuck I can help u remote team viewer programme .in u pc . but better try it u self first .

on Filezilla i have

Host Ip adress found in Network menu under Adapter Settings ?

Username root

Password

Port 21

what goes in each please ?

Edited once, last by tigertim: found possible answers ().

• Official Post

add epg...... is this straight forward and done from openvix menu ?

Use EPG-Importer. If its not pre-installed download it from the image feed. Its straight forward to setup, any issues let us know.

what goes in each please ?

host is the ip address of the zero4k. Press menu > information > network to find the ip.

username is root

password leave blank/no password

port leave blank

• Ok managed to get channel list on, even think i got cccam to oscam converted and sent across successfully.

Unfortunately the motor wasn't moving to any other satellites and now have even lost 0.8 west on which i had it set up on

Tuner set up-tuner A- configuration mode simple

Mode positoner

Long 0.3 West

Latitude 53 North

should i go into Positoner setting and reset /do something ?

• managed to find/tune in 30 west...so leaving it on that till i have more time tomorrow

currently watching some 4k uhd loops

have managed to open channels with oscam converter , also have a epg working though think i may have downloaded to many extensions ?

might try add a few channels from 30 w to favorites later

how many favorite groups can be set up and can you rename thoose groups ie movies, sports , freesat etc.

• how many favorite groups can be set up and can you rename thoose groups ie movies, sports , freesat etc.

If you have loaded catseye channel list bouquets/favorites are already setup. Bring up the main channel list then press blue button.

not sure which channel list went on tbh....tried adding cats eyes and one fron on here....not sure which on took, will re add cats eyes later to be sure

by bringing main channel list do you mean epg ?

thanks for your help so fat master G...appreciated

• Official Post

by bringing main channel list do you mean epg ?

no, middle of remote control, above ok button, press the up arrow button then blue for bouquets.

Latest catseye is here -> E2 Settings by Catseye

can vu+ do biss as thats used for quite a few football and boxing feeds ?

Yes it can, also powervu, tandberg and other keys for foreign satellites.

Use attached oscam-emu and configs, not regular oscam.

Keys are here -> SoftCam Keys

Open softcam.key file with notepad++ to see which channels are available.

FTP softcam.key to the same folder as the rest of your oscam configs (etc/tuxbox/config for openvix)

• Just a little update

Had some issues sending a channel list across....found vhannibles list from openvix extension, much prefer the layout of this, fine tuning now with dreambox edit....hopefully it lets me send the edited one back correctly.

Hopefully try a sports feed tonight and try adding the biss codes for it.

Epg could maybe be a little better ?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!