1.4m motorized dish on angled (red brick) tile roof

There are 3 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 698 times. The last Post () by rikjaard-real.

• Hello

Can you guys point me in a direction of a proper mount for an installation on a tile roof?

I'm located in Greece.

I'm at the point that I'm thinking of getting a roof technician and removing a bunch of tiles, ( he might even have to cut into wood) and mounting a metalic base that will be affixed to the concrete wall below the tiles and then have the dish with its own mount screwd onto the metalic base below.

My idea is if for some reason i have to remove the dish or whatnot I will leave the metalic base below attached to the concrete to minimize issues with water seeping in....

This is a screwy situation at best as I'm worried if they will do a good enough job to keep the water out. and I'm not just opening a big can of worms.

Have you guys had experience in this type of a scenario? Am I doing this right? What would you do.

Unfortunately I do not have any other spot that would have Line of Sight. It has to be on the roof....

Thanks

Atlas

• Hello Atlas

what you want to do is Very possible ! i have seen many motorised and big non motorised dishes mounted in the way you describe !

Below is the type of flashing you need - perhaps not exactly but there are many available in that style
    Solutions Group (UK) Plc - Webshop

Also i would use a mount like the one in the link below which theoretically can spread the weight over the roof/ceiling beams !
    They attain their weight by inserting paving slabs into the squares which are made to specification to hold them
    2" x 3" Non Penetrating Roof Mount Satellite or Aerial on eBay!

you can opt for any type of pole and mount once inside just depends on exactly whats best for the given situation -
    i have seen steel poles mounted to roof joists/beams with bolts drilled directly through the pole and beam then secured with big self tapping nuts = 18mm

Hope this gives you an idea ! Ultimately anything is possible !

Stay cool

Rik

78cm dish on tm2300 metal gear motor + 1m Orb with tm2300 + 1.8m Channel Master on H-H floor mount + 80cm ISS with TM2300 AND Inverto Black LNB,inverto Unicable QUDL 42 LNB,- Global invacom Dscc LNB,- Triax KA LNB, - Yuri LNBF C Band YLF-CDP16C

• Thanks Rik. I really like the first link kit. I'll have to look into that in more detail.

Any other ideas or anyone that has had to go through this themselves?

Thanks again.

Atlas

• No problem m8 thats what the forum is all about - All i can add is that its not as difficult as you might think !

stay cool

:rikjaard1:

78cm dish on tm2300 metal gear motor + 1m Orb with tm2300 + 1.8m Channel Master on H-H floor mount + 80cm ISS with TM2300 AND Inverto Black LNB,inverto Unicable QUDL 42 LNB,- Global invacom Dscc LNB,- Triax KA LNB, - Yuri LNBF C Band YLF-CDP16C

General Satellite & Installation Support Forum

Support for LNBs, Single satellite, motorised and multi-satellite systems. DiSEqC switches, positioners, motors, actuators, dish-alignment help.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!