Refresh entitlements for the card monthly

There is 1 reply in this Thread which was already clicked 1,509 times. The last Post () by s3n0.

• Hello,

I am hoping someone can help me with a seemingly simple problem. I am using OSCAM to watch Ziggo in Netherlands with the Ziggo smartcard. I pay for cable TV and have several different packages. Some of the packages have entitlements that expire each month. Every month I must manually go into OSCAM, go to Readers, and click on “Refresh Entitlements” icon in order to get the new entitlements so I can continue watching all channels (except the three free national ones). OSCAM then reloads the reader but it has a problem with the card every time and I then have to reboot the computer. This computer also runs my tvheadend so everything stops until computer reboots, tvheadend is loaded and OSCAM is loaded again.

Problem is that the expiration can occcur any time. When it happens, I have to manually refresh entitlements (as I described). Until I do, all scheduled recordings are lost because they can’t be descrambled and no TV channels can be watched except the free ones. On top of that, I might be at work or traveling or out of the house and then my wife can’t watch TV and recordings are lost.

There has to be a way to refresh entitlements automatically. This must be possible by either a script in Linux or a setting in OSCAM.

Can someone help me set up automatic refreshing of entitlements, either scheduled monthly or checking when entitlements expire then refreshing then rebooting computer?

I appreciate any help and thank you in advance.

Edited once, last by pajtaz ().

• Yes, maybe it's an old post (more than 365 days ago), but NOBODY answer. If someone is looking for an answer in the future, I will consider one of the possible solutions :).

Add the following line into the CRON config-file "/etc/cron/crontab/root" (depending on the Enigma2 distribution, the path to the CRON configuration file may differ).

0 6 */10 * *       /usr/bin/wget -q -O - "http://loginname:password@127.0.0.1:8888/readers.html?action=reread&label=reader_sci0"

The configuration entry at the beginning of the line means that refresh-entitlements in Oscam Webif will start automatically every 10 days, at 06:00.

Please change :

• login name
    • password
    • port number (if you changed it)
    • card-reader name ("reader_sci0" used in the example)

...as you need.

If you do not use any login and password (set in the file "oscam.conf"), then of course you can omit the entry "loginname:password" from the link.

OSCam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for OSCam Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!