vlc streaming to vu+ Ultimo

There are 3 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,686 times. The last Post () by musogeek.

• It should work with the latest version of VLC, but on VLC they tend to evolve things so you may find that there is a slight difference from version to versioin in how you need to apply the setup, so you need to look to see what is most likely option that corresponds to the guide. I can't remember what version I got this working on, but I do know the earlier versions (0.99 version i think) doesn't work because it doesn't give you certain options and doesn't allow the ports to be changed. The purpose of VLC streaming is to reduce the bandwidth so you can broadcast it over the network. The problem with this and keeping subtitles is that the subtitles are part of the original transport stream file, and any compression can cause certain aspects of the stream to not be available, so you may lose the subtitles. I know that for the transcoding options, you can click on the tools icon by the selection to 'edit selected profile' - there are 4 tabs that come up, and one of them is 'subtitles' - try checking this box to allow subtitles.

Just have a play with the options, but if you have got it working then you have the basic idea. VLC streaming is something that does work, but it is not the easiest to get set up, and there are alternatives to this method, such as TS Dreambox player.

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• with the latest versions of vlc you can't set the http port in the input &codecs section and when i try to connect to the vu+ a message pops up on screen saying http error 403 forbidden maybe i'll try the ts dreambox player thanks for the reply

• I will have a look at this a bit later- as I said not visited this for a while - when myself and cazuela looked at this - we were doing it as a proof of concept so it does work but it isn't something I have really visited since as it is a bit impractical. Cannot remember the version I used - might have been 1.24 - but will have a butchers soon!

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

VU+ ULTIMO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!