Restarting OSCAM 11425

There are 2 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,254 times. The last Post () by eshare.

• When I leave my Solo2 (OpenBH 4.2) on AFN (altho I may not be watching it) and it freezes (presumably due to ecm change) I have enormous difficulty getting it back. not only does AFN not decode, but my cline channels no longer clear, which would indicate an oscam crash. Restarting Oscam is ridiculously hit and miss: BLUE button, reselect OSCAM and ENTER states that it is restarting the cam, but most times, nothing opens; switching to cccam immediately open clines, switching back to oscam (mostly) nothing opens; restart GUI and restart oscam (mostly) nothing opens!!

It may take me up to a dozen cycles through the above until everything opens again. When OSCAM is not clearing channels its because it has not properly restarted (as confirmed by the oscam webif responding with "connection denied".

Am I the only one with this problem? Is there a solution? Or, how does everyone else get OSCAM to restart reliably?

• The oscam restart problem is caused by having two instances of the "emulator" reader in oscam.server file. eg "Emulator" and "AFN Emulator"

Disable one of them from the webif before attempting to restart oscam. After it is up and running again you can then re-enable this second instance.

This is just a work around until a proper fix by the developers is done. However, this has been known about for sometime and nothing has been forthcoming yet.

OSCam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for OSCam Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!