Oscam entitlements for slyuk

There are 11 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 3,255 times. The last Post () by spodge007.

• Hello,

I was wondering if someone may be able to answer a query I have regarding Oscam entitlements.

I am currently using Oscam to read my white sly card and CCcam to share, this setup is working fine at present, however when looking on the Oscam web interface under readers - entitlements it shows me a list of entitlements with expiry dates.

My question is will Oscam update the card entitlements before they expire, or do I need to set something up so that I do not experience loss of service?

Thanks in advance.

Spodge

• Hi thank you for the prompt reply

My original files for Oscam came from this thread, however I did modify them after running the script, so I have posted my config files just pulled off my live server below:-

oscam.conf

[global]
    nice = -1
    WaitForCards = 1
    logfile = stdout
    preferlocalcards = 1
    saveinithistory = 1
    #disablelog = 1

[webif]
    httpport = 8888
    httpuser = admin
    httppwd = admin
    httpallowed = 192.168.0.1-192.168.255.254
    #httprefresh = 3

# protocols
    [newcamd]
    key = 0102030405060708091011121314
    port = 10000@0963:000000

oscam.server

[reader]
    label = slyuk - Note: this is the actual name I have not modified for the purposes of this post
    protocol = smartreader
    device = 008:002
    #if you use smartreader and device with a bus id, hash out detect as its not needed.
    #detect = cd
    cardmhz = 600
    mhz = 600
    boxid = xxxxxxxx
    blockemm-u = 0
    blockemm-s = 0
    blockemm-g = 1
    blockemm-unknown = 1
    emmcache = 1,3,2
    ident = 0963:000000
    group = 1
    caid = 0963

oscam.user

[account]
    user = cccam
    pwd = cccam
    monlevel = 0
    uniq = 0
    group = 1,2
    au = slyuk - Note: Again this is the actual name not changed for the purposes of this post!
    caid = 0963

I will check these files against the ones you have mentioned to see if I am missing anything, but if you do spot any errors please let me know.

As mentioned above I am not having any problems with Oscam at present, just trying to pre-empt any issues with my card not updating! :-)

Cheers,

Spodge

• I have highlighted in red a line that is missing from your configs,apart from that all look ok.

[global]
    nice = -1
    WaitForCards = 1
    logfile = stdout
    preferlocalcards = 1
    saveinithistory = 1
    #disablelog = 1
    keepalive = 1

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• Hi,

Thank you for the advice, I have checked and modified my oscam config files as recommended (both here and in the other thread).

I did this over the weekend (so a few days ago now) and my entitlements are still showing:-

expiry date: 2012/05/22-00:00:00

Is this normal, when should they update and is there a way to force an update to confirm it all works ok?

Thanks in advance.

Spodge

• I wouldn't be too worried about the expiry date of your entitlements for now,there is still over a month to go on them,keep an eye on it for the next couple of weeks.I think i did read once of leaving the box on the Sly News channel overnight to update the entitlements but not sure if this actually works,lol

Let us know how you get on.

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• Ok I have been keeping an eye on my entitlements over the past few weeks and they have not updated.

I am not sure if this is the norm, but having done some extra reading up feel I am missing the bigger picture here!

Just to re-cap:-

I am running a Ubuntu server with a USB smargo smartreader+, using oscam to share my sly white card linked to cccam which my clients then connect to.

I am not sure on the process of how the entitlements should update, am I correct in thinking they update through emm's being sent from one of my connected clients? If this is the case then I am also guessing that I need to allow emm's from at least one of my clients in order for my card to update?

All of my F lines in cccam are like this:-

F: user_1 Password1 0 0 0 {0:0:1}

I have a line in cccam for my dm800 box, should I modify this from the above example?

I have also read a lot of posts mentioning [dvbapi] settings that can be configured in oscam, do I need to set this up?

Apologies if I am stating the obvious, I am still very new to all this and appreciate any advice that is offered.

Many thanks,

Spodge

• Ok I may have answered my own question here!

I have now changed the F line for my dm800 from:

F: user_1 Password1 0 0 0 {0:0:1}

to:

F: user_1 Password1 0 0 1 {0:0:1}

This should allow emms to be sent from my dm800 to my ubuntu server and should hopefully in turn update the card entitlements.

Fingers crossed! :-)

Spodge

• This is what I have tested and can confirm it does work. Entitlements will be around 4-5 weeks ahead of current date.

• I left my dm800 box on today on Sly News and when I looked at my cccam config page I had received 1 emm

Checked my entitlements and they are still set to expire 22/05/12.

Do I need to change any of my config files to ensure that the emm is passed through to oscam and will update my card?

• Ok forget my last post! lol

Just checked oscam and the card entitlements have updated wooohoo!!! :-)

New expirey date of 11/06/12

Many thanks to all the people who posted and offered their advice.

Spodge

• master G

Set the Label from UK OSCam to Videoguard2 Cards OSCam

OSCam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for OSCam Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!