Dinobot 4K Update - Including missing E2 afterwards ( Solved )

There are 79 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 19,890 times. The last Post () by Lululla.

• The links you give me are the same I've used to download images. I have tried both 6.3 and 6.2. Referring to the Mac address problem I've created a Mac.txt file where I wrote the Dinobot Mac address. When in Android LiveTv I go to Misc menu and to Preferences I see as last voice write Mac address. If I give ok command on that it appears the Mac adderess of my unit with choices Accept or Cancel. If I click on Accept it appears info the unit would reboot. But after rebooting still no E2. So the file Mac.txt is not used because I do not get any request to write Mac from external source. I have into start menu the two options Android with red button or E2 with blue button but I I choose E2 the unit stays on E2 display and nothing happens

• By the way KiddaC on the bottom side of U5Mini there are two switches. The one opposite to rear input sockets is for recovery and I used it to recovery image after getting problem of E2 with Android 8 and I could get back to Android 7 and initial menu with the two options Android or E2. Which is the meaning of the other switch close to rear inputs? Is it usefull for some specific operation? Thanks again for your kind support

• Why do you say I am downloading a Dinobot 4K image? The image file I have downloaded are named openatv-6.3-dinobot4kmini-20190404_mmc.zip. I have allways looked for U5mini images and never for 4K model. When I wrote on above message the links you mention are the same where I downloaded my image files I would mean that I did it from OpenAtv web site

• Another strange thing is that I cannot get Filezilla connect to U5mini from pc. I get error message about server. I am not too much familiar with Filezilla. Maybe the connection error could be related to the fact that E2 is totally missed? If this is the case how to recovery E2? The update file I have used to recovery the unit was about 800 MB and should have included both Android and E2 and the problem should be how to get E2 start again

• If I have time over the weekened I will go through the motions again.

And see if I missed anything. To be honest I can't even rmeember where I sourced the update from at this moment in time.

** A person who feels appreciated will always do more than what is expected **

• Additional info. I could find on external HDD that I've connected to U5mini at the beginning a backup of OpenATV. Maybe this backup could be used to try to recover E2.

The folder I have is named fullbackup_dinobot4kmini and inside I have a folder named 20190330_1915. Inside a folder named dinobot. Inside a folder named U53 and inside 4 files : noforce, imageversion, kernel.bin and rootfs.tar.bz2

Well I renamed noforce file to force as you suggested. I put Dinobot folder on a usb stick and tried to upgrade (power on, green button) but no change. Still Upgd display and nothing more. Maybe I should put U53 folder on usb stick or directly all 4 files?

Thanks

• if you haven't noticed i did this again yesterday and updated post one.

Do over the air android update. (Full)

Do over the air linux update selecting 'int"

Put your mac code on a usb called mac.txt

Go into live tv. Setup. Misc. Prefs.

Select use e2.

Write mac code.

Reboot box.

Download or use backup image of openatv.

The root folder needs to be your box name i.e dinobot. Not the backup date. Not the u5 or what ever is inside it. It is that dinobot folder and its content that go on usb.

Use the rear usb port

Turn box on off. On menu press green so update shows on display.

I personally just pressed green, followed by pressing ok repetitively slowly.

Flashing screen with progress should appear.

Not all usb sticks work when flashing boxes.

If one doesn't work after several attempts. Use another.

And make sure you use a good brand geniunie usb stick.

Someboxes used to have an issue with the file size of the image. It had to be a max size of around 120mb. I notice latest opnenatv 6.3 is around 140mb. Try openatv 6.2 instead which is smaller

• Hi KiddaC you are my saving man. I did as you wrote and my Dinobot U5mini came back to life. I have been in trouble by following your procedure because into Misc Pref I could not get any Mac address write option but as soon as I put usb stick with Mac.txt that option appeared again. After rebooting and entering Android I went to power option and selected start E2. The unit rebooted and after initian screen entered into OpenATV 6.2. I must thankyou so muchh. I went through many many forums to get support to my problem but only you could give me the proper suggestion. I will keep your procedure as a very very important matter and I think it could be very usefull for many Dinobot users.

Now I am tuning satellites channels and everything else. I could not succeed in getting working multichannel audio before the crash of the unit. I could not get working my Onkyo receiver with Dolby TrueHD or DTS MA HD signals. I will check it.

One more question. Now that the unit seems back to operate do you suggest to move to Android 8 that is still in beta version and seems to give the E2 trouble (the E2 boot option is no more available) considering that somebody says that by using Mac.txt that problem seems to be solved?

Thanks again for your kind support. I really appreciate your help

• hello friend

A question, to follow this topic, which is really technical and I like it

I have this Dinobot U5 mini 4k box

Fast and performing,

Android: updated and working

E2: I have on an OpenAtv 6.2

My problem is that if I insert a skin fhd, android does not start how is it possible? Do you have info tips and tricks?

Another small thing, I am a neophyte on the android system

But is it possible to install Oscam or other how to play with E2?

regards

Do not take even a minute away from the affection of those who love you: you would not have time to recover it!

Have a Good Trip

GOOD VPN

DMU

logo_corvo.png

• What do you mean by android doesn't start?

If its the same as the dinobot 4k, then on a reboot, you press red button for android, or blue button for enigma2.

oscam for android. It can be done. I haven't done it.
    Where have I seen a post to enable you to do that????

maybe this one works

Android OSCAM EMU for DINOBOT/U5PVR

• and if you want your hidden cam menu, you go into live tv app.

press menu then 2 5 8 0

** edit - looking at your remote for your box, you dont seem to have a numeric keypad.??

So I don't know how you enter this keypad code. :)

Dinobot 4K images

Download openatv, pure2, openhdf images | firmware for Dinobot 4K and Dinobot 4K SE, android, enigma2, satellite and cable linux hd receivers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!