Debian software

There are 6 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 301 times. The last Post () by kabise.

• Hi can someone point me in the right direction on what debian software to use to begin a server,there is a link to the debian website after that what link do you use to download the software I have tried a few but with no luck,hope someone can put me right ta

• Hi I have downloaded debian 6.0.4 I install it to my server comes up with this message
    MINIMAL BASH-LIKE LINE EDITING IS SUPPORTED.FOR THE FIRST WORD,TAB LISTS POSSIBLE COMMAND COMPLETION'S.ANYWHERE ELSE TAB LIST POSSIBLE DEVICE FILE COMPLETIONS

grub> _

what do I do from here can anyone advise

• the debian package needs to be burnt on a CD - as a bootable ISO - then you need to boot your PC from the CD (or use Virtual Machine however you are doing it) - the pc needs to be wire connected to the network/internet, and you need to follow the guided install. It is an operating system so will prompt you to wipe everything off your PC so take care in what you are doing - If you are installing a server you are best having it on a dedicated machine - the message you see has something to do with the grub bootloader but not seen it myself

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!