E2iPlayer....UHD movies help

There are 10 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,005 times. The last Post () by samsamsam.

• Hello

I have Technomate tm twin 4k running on VIX. In E2iPlayer there are films in UHD in "officialfilm illimite.ws". The problem I have is that I can get sound but no picture. Can anyone help? Apologies if in wrong section. Thanks

• Hello @jet

Did you check your STB specification? Do it support 4K video encoded with H264 codec?

Most probably your hardware support 4K only for H265 and VP9 codecs, H264 is supported only with Full HD or lower resolution.

So, please check your STB specification.

• Again I checked with Technomate and they say my tm twin 4k 's codec is H264 and H265......They say it must be the stream.

I guess either way it does not work. But thank you for all your help.

Kind Regards

Jet

• @jet

I do not think so, that this is movie problem.

Simple download movie using E2iPlayer and then try to play it on PC.

Did you ask Technomate if your STB are able to handle H264 with 4K resolution?

All 4K Broadcom chipsets I know are NOT able to decode H264 with 4K.

H264 is supported max to Full HD resolution.

So, you need ask valid question. For sure your STB are able to handle H264 but the question is what MAX resolution is handled when contet use H264 codec. And not output resoltuon, but video resolution encoded by H264.

This is a diffrence. So, ask them valid question.

• Most probably your movie on hdd use h265 / hevc codec, and the one you try to play from E2iplayer use h264. H264 is also supported by your hardware but only up to full HD.

If you believe that the problem is related to E2iplayer. Then simple download the same movie and try to play it outside the e2iplayer using standard player from your enigma2 and vice versa try to play your working movie from e2iplayer you can do this using Local media host.

I strongly suggest you to carefully read this topic and you will learn what it is your hardware limitation.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!