compatibility with the new RTE signal soarview set up

There are 4 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 527 times. The last Post () by rockett1001.

• hi guys was wanting some advice sorry if posted in wrong section, i was asked by a old neighbour for some advice they wanted to get so set up for compatibility with the new RTE signal soarview in northern ireland belfast to be exact they need areail and box they need a full set up and they need to know how much roughly it would cost if anybody could shed some light very much appericated thanks

• Hey Martin

I remember i explained this before

All it requires is if you can already recieve RTE analogue you should have no problem recieving Saorview

It requires an MPEG4 tele or a dvb-t reciever capable of mpeg4

These recievers can be bought cheap around €30 -€40 mark

• aerial wise you need Group C/D aerial which channels range from 48 - 68. were u get your RTE from is Carlingford, Channel 53 is the digital transponder. The aerial need to be vertical on the pole. If you have a BBC (UK) aerial you need to combine the 2 aerials to get there. its called diplexer, The Diplexer you need it AB/Part CD. Also Buy a freeview box which as MPEG4 to decode the picture. i have attached CHCNI they sell all aerial stuff ask for andy

CHC Aerial Supplies - Lisburn

• hi bud thanks for your great reply was wanting to know if you had a flat screen plasma tv with freeview built in how would know if it would decode mpeg4 or would that not work thanks

• usual on digital its channel 800 RTE start of at
    If u can hear the sound but cant see the picture your tv asn't got MPEG4 then u well need digital freeview MPEG4 box

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!