OpenVPN Issues on VU+ Ultimo 4K

There are 5 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,234 times. The last Post () by multipack.

• Hey, Yesterday i successfully setup OpenVPN on my Ultimo 4K with my PIA account.

I setup everything and all worked well, IP checker showed it working and OpenVPN connected just fine, auto start worked fine, connected status showed connected. Just a short time after my box froze so i rebooted only to find i could not get passed the VU+ boot logo. I couldn't connect via Ethernet or telnet and the only way i could recover was to reflash my image which is OpenVix 5.1. I tried this again after a reflash the same happened but this time my box did not freeze instantly so i was able to remove OpenVPN Plugin quickly and all went back to normal before i was forced to reboot.

I am hoping someone may know why this is happening.

Many thanks.

• I had the same issue on a vusolo2,i had to manually start vpn

So did you manually start it once the box was booted? How and when did you disconnect? With a cline isnt it best to get the vpn to start at boot, i am unsure regarding this. No issues with iusing it on my PC or Mobile.

• Probably best not having VPN on boot as it maybe taking a while to connect, are you running any other plugins on boot that may need a network connection?

The box froze forever and would not go past the vu+ logo at boot. No other plugins that i am aware of.

• I had the same issue on a vusolo2,i had to manually start vpn

So did you manually start it once the box was booted? How and when did you disconnect? With a cline isnt it best to get the vpn to start at boot, i am unsure regarding this. No issues with iusing it on my PC or Mobile.

Yes once the box was booted, yes its best to get the vpn started before cccam runs but it wouldnt do this, in the end i just stopped using vpn as it was too much hassle to be honest. Probably not the wisest thing to do but im all for an easy life

110cm Triax Dish multi arm 13,16,19, 23, 28 east fixed 90cm thor

• master G

Added the Label Networking Support
  • master G

Changed the title of the thread from “OpenVPN Issues!” to “OpenVPN Issues on VU+ Ultimo 4K”.

VU+ ULTIMO 4K PVR ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver UHD 2160p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!