ddclient problem?

There are 11 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 693 times. The last Post () by djrikstar333.

• I have a problem i have server all up and running fine. Sometimes it disconnects my m8s from it then i need to run the command ddclient on my server my m8s come back online and the server is all back up and running.

Why is this i know my public ip changes but shouldn't ddclient keep it in sync with my dns addy?
    This has happened to me a couple times but been at home luckly to to restart and mess with server to get back running but only just clocked on its ddclient

• it depends on your ISP your ip could change everyday. Im with BT my ip changes every 5-7 days. i was using ddclient didn't like it, same problem that you are having pal. so my hub as dns updater on it

• Ok i have a dns updater in my router but im wondering if i use it will my vpn still work on server as for some strange reason my server refuses to work without a vpn??

• Ten i was thinking of taking ddclient off server and just use my router's dns updater to update dns but wondering would the vpn still work on server as for some reason it won't work without it.

Do you know a way i can configure ddclient so it keeps sync with my public ip without taking server down every few days when ip changes or what is the actual timings before ddclient does it checks to see if new ip has been issued?

• the router will do it instantly once it syncs to the line, and probably the best option, i could have the same ip for months but when my connection drops id be offline for about 1-2 minutes only

• Official Post

Ten i was thinking of taking ddclient off server and just use my router's dns updater to update dns but wondering would the vpn still work on server as for some reason it won't work without it.

Do you know a way i can configure ddclient so it keeps sync with my public ip without taking server down every few days when ip changes or what is the actual timings before ddclient does it checks to see if new ip has been issued?

The default settings keep it running 100% in sync, i have a feeling that yout constant messing with the setup is causing it to update too often. 2 weeks ago i helped you setup a basic oscam/cccam setup, since then your questions ask for csp help and now vpn. Not bad for a newbie lol.

Follow the guides here and it will work.

• Its all set up csp, oscam + CCcam with m8s on each took some serious man hours to learn but done. Anyway just this ddclient dropping my connection as soon as i run *ddclient start* all my m8s reconnect so definitely ddclient.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!