Oscam vs CCcam is there a difference ? Am I missing something?

There are 5 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 3,979 times. The last Post () by ddinc.

• Have both software on Dreambox.

Made quite a lot fine tuning on oscam.

Result:Could not see any difference for canal switch speeds or clearing,stability etc.

Considering all the appraisal for oscam :What am I missing ?

• multiple lines

I am no expert on cams but one of the main benefits of oscam is it quickly finds the line with faster ecm response time. So for example if you had 2 lines. Which ever one responded quickest would play. Hence speeding up zapping.

Cccam also has a tendency to freeze more. Which usually requires a channel switch and back. Pretty standard practise for anyone using cs.

But by the sounds of it you seem to have quite a stable line. So what ever tool you use is up to you.

** A person who feels appreciated will always do more than what is expected **

• Bulscript(Hellas and Bulgaria sat )does not apply to me

Any other channel?

Regarding speed and freezing both are equal on my box.

I am somehow disappointed ,maybe my expectation was exaggerated:)

• The hard work comes when making a prio that works for you, the same applies with either cam.

If you are one of these people that download and adds someone else's prio then you are asking for problems.

A prio file is individual depending on your server.

Spend a few hours testing P and I lines. The long term benefit makes all the difference.

• you are right.a prio is essential.I have a prio tailored for my channels and peers.I even block several nodes(don't know how to do this in oscam)

actually I wondered whether oscam could e.g open more channels.there was powervu for AFN channels but guess not very efficient anymore.

OSCam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for OSCam Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!