News regarding PurE2 - updates, problems and so on...

There are 837 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 74,159 times. The last Post () by electron112.

• It's still experimental, so if you go to Flash on the fly and ONLINE > from 6.3 one can switch to 6.4. Not all boxes have it, mind...

And it's on the bleedin' edge, as per usual, in good ol' Delfi's spirit... :rasta2bigsmoke0gf1:

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

http://www.columbia.edu/acis/ets/CCREAD/etscc/kant.html

• This is not problem of your image. The channel may not support or not send EPG. Install EPGImport plugin.

No, I have EPG for all channels. Shows fine in the Graphical EPG and Channel list. However, when I press the button to bring up my channel history, I get a list of the last several channels I have watched, but no EPG info for those channels. Other images show the program info, so was just asking if there is a way to have it happen in PurE2?

• It is **intentionally** disabled by default as it can slow down older boxes or with really big EPG, etc.

One can re enable this via:

MENU-->Setup-->System-->Keyboard/RC-->Button Setup

and change

History button mode to "Show Menu" from default setting (Show Menu with service name only)

• Fantastic! Thank you! I figured there was a setting somewhere!!

• Delfi/tromo says:

"Updated:

Filmler-fnc

4K available for newer stuff, original/English audio in most cases, press Menu to setup subtitle language of your preference, IMDb info, trailers."

Tested in Zgemma H9 Twin with PurE2 v. 6.3 - working great!!!:rasta2bigsmoke0gf1:

No more problems with IP/VPN address!!! :)

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

• Is anyone able to get Kodi working on Zgemma H9S? I have the Flash expanded to 8 GB microSD, install Kodi and can make it open, but when I try to play anything, it kicks me back to live TV. Using latest PurE2 6.3 image (11/17/2019).

• Re-flash? Who knows what went wrong...?

H9.2H wasn't OK but Twin was...

Good luck and do tell, please...

• ...reported to devs... ;)

But get us the logs, please... ESSENTIAL!!! (Before you change to 6.2.)

• Both E2 and Kodi is always better, of course but I think they'll be together in E2 logs, if I am not sorely mistaken...

I need to do it here, as well, so maybe we'll figure out the problem... at least!

Cheers!

• Both E2 and Kodi is always better, of course but I think they'll be together in E2 logs, if I am not sorely mistaken...

I need to do it here, as well, so maybe we'll figure out the problem... at least!

Cheers!

I actually flashed back to 6.2 this morning before I posted the message. However, I am happy to flash back to 6.3 and provide the logs if it might help solve the issue. Only takes me 20 mins to flash and set up.

• Go for it, m8... ;)

• One more little coup for PurE2 Team - well done Delfi!!!

A simple SW update in PurE2 v. 6.3 is OK, a new build for 6.4 is running at the moment....

(Not to interpret it, I shall simply C & P the maestro's explanation...)

Says Delfi/tromo:

"Added CPU control for OSmio4k/plus.

MENU→System→CPU Control

Why:

These boxes are by default setup to run at MAX speed all the time, which is fine and ok, especially for benchmarks. It is somewhat similar to running your car at max revs or a PC/laptop in souped up/game mode. It is not necessarily a bad thing, especially on low power ARM boxes, but linux kernel is pretty clever about demands set upon SoC/CPU, so why not use it.

Benefits are not earth shattering, but can make one feel a bit better; lower temp, voltage, longer life, decent thing to do, etc... Electricity bill might be reduced by an Euro or two per annum, but I hope that is not the point :)

What and How:

MAX CPU frequency is the top range (normally, non overclocked) available on your box.

MIN CPU frequency is the bottom range available on your box.

Scaling governor determines what happens and how between the above ranges.

Here is a very **brief** modus operandi of the governors:

performance -- Run the CPU at the maximum frequency.

powersave -- Run the CPU at the minimum frequency.

userspace -- Run the CPU at user specified frequencies.

ondemand -- Scales the frequency dynamically according to current load. Jumps to the highest frequency and then possibly back off as the idle time increases.

conservative -- Scales the frequency dynamically according to current load. Scales the frequency more gradually than ondemand.

By default, OSmios4K run all the time @1.5GHz, which is really not needed in 95% of the tasks, including DVB-S/T/C operation, as well as with ‘normal’ streams watching --> works well @300MHz

TEST option shows changes in live data, but note that temperature is based on some sensor on the SoC, not really in the CPU itself (the difference is usually quite larger), voltage is based on recent averages, etc.

9bcac29820b9863b4ca18.jpg

In short, without tech bla-bla:

Set Scaling governor to **conservative** or **ondemand** and be happy.

If running your box in really hot environment, one might consider lowering MAX CPU frequency.

Funny thing is that OSmio4Ks run decently in powersave mode (300MHz) as well, except that E2 restart takes more time, streaming channel to other boxes might be a bit of pain…

HiSilicon boxes already have this fine tune option, but it will be updated soon with more stuff."

Enjoy!:beer1:

• Hi.

I see OpenBlackhole team has got Kodi 18.3 on there Vu+ 4k ARM boxes.

Now I am not sure if they have made it public in terms of git.

But was wondering if PurE2 had any plans on trying get latest Kodi 18.3-5 on ARM boxes like Amiko Viper 4k, Octagon SF8008, H9 Combos as an example?

I know mostly to do with OpenGL if I remember rightly, but thought I would ask.

PurE2 Team Images Support Forum ~ based on OE-Alliance

PurE2 Supported Models ~

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!