News regarding PurE2 - updates, problems and so on...

There are 837 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 75,143 times. The last Post () by electron112.

• We're a very small but fiesty team - only 2.5 coders from Cro...:rasta2bigsmoke0gf1: Plus one from Germany...

Anyone interested to join - with knowledge, skills and creativity to match? :cool1:

We could do with only the first 2... ;)

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

http://www.columbia.edu/acis/ets/CCREAD/etscc/kant.html

• i can : if yo want

test on different receivers if you want i can also test on specific receivers (you choose if its available in DE i will buy it)

Raise donations from some users to make more FNC plugins (the most wanted list from so many users in this and other forums) ,

Promote the image, in person to sat and multimedia stores in my City and around , ask around for Anyone interested to join - with knowledge, skills tell me (what skills you looking for)

And with Anything else that you need

• I was asking for coders... ;) As in people who can actually, really code and hopefully be creative....

Failing that, they should at least be able to code somewhat, to maintain the system etc.

We're OK with the rest, thanx... ;)

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

• gorski Hello . I have a small challenge, all images i download and extract do not have the 2 extra files ie bootargz & fastboot. Yet you recommend i should have them when flashing as per your tutorial. Do i go wrong when extracting or whats up ?

Even the new PurE2 6.5 is missing them.

• Can you be just a little bit more vague and imprecise, I wonder? :tongue1::eye-tongue:

Seriously: which box, what are you trying to do, m8? Precisely? Which SW do you want to install by which method etc.? I wrote a lot, you know, I can't know by heart every user's box and what shenanigans they are up to...:chuckle::rasta2bigsmoke0gf1:

• Delfi says:

Estuary skin updated. Small fixes. Removed cutlist editor etc.

Plugins updated.

Speedtest-FNC in the feeds.

New platform dirver for 4K Gigas.

• Can you be just a little bit more vague and imprecise, I wonder? :tongue1::eye-tongue:

Seriously: which box, what are you trying to do, m8? Precisely? Which SW do you want to install by which method etc.? I wrote a lot, you know, I can't know by heart every user's box and what shenanigans they are up to...:chuckle::rasta2bigsmoke0gf1:

I am very sorry for omitting my box. I am using a Zgemma H9 combo. I am trying to run PurE2 6.3 or Pure2 6.5 and haven't succeeded in either image.

• Right, did you follow my guide? It's a very detailed, precise tutorial how to install everything carefully...

EDIT: I have now edited it a bit - to make sure everybody notices the differences for H9 series - have a look, please:

How to flash Zgemma H9 series (Twin, Combo, H9x/H9.2x), backup and restore settings

For Combo/Twin models: firstly, one can repartition the eMMC ("hard drive" of the STB) and install PurE2 on the first partition. Please, pay attention to posts 4, 11, 21 & 22!

So, in that thread one has more options, depending on what one needs/wants to do...

After flashing, go back here, to PurE2 section - and learn all you need to know to get you started, generally speaking... ;)

• @ Forum Admin - if you want, we could split the thread for flashing the H9 series into 2: one for Combo/Twin and another thread for H9.X/H9.2X? :)

Or I could work with you to remove the questions etc. and I can edit my posts accordingly? To make it all easier to follow... ;)

That way we could make it more logical and only the tutorials could be in it...:cool1:

• Official Post

gorski

Deleted the rubbish and merged all other posts into one, so you can edit as required.....

Then when your done and happy we can close it and make it a sticky, also perhaps add to your signature

im off to bed run out of beer now:sadgun:

• Two left here...:eye-tongue:

Thanx!

P.S. I am getting "this message is too long"... Hope I can fix it... ;)

• Nope, couldn't put it all in the same post, sorry...

Could you, please?

Or just clean up the "redirects", maybe?

Flashing Zgemma H9 series (Twin, Combo, H9x/H9.2x), backup and restore settings etc.

Just the procedure and carefully edited, so no "misunderstandings" can easily occur... :party-time::don-t_mention::thank_you2:

• Two left here...:eye-tongue:

Thanx!

P.S. I am getting "this message is too long"... Hope I can fix it... ;)

😝😝😝 You also irrigate your throat. We will look into that in the future. Thanks for your guidance. I finally discovered its my H9's HDMI port thats fried 😬😬 very sad. I was able to blindly boot to image 2 but no picture nor sound. Fortunately i could still access remotely as network settings were valid. Repairing the port is an uphill task. Any suggestions are welcome.

• It might be a portion (several blocks) of your NAND/flash/eMMC is crooked. Sometimes this is what happens when no image is displayed on TV, I learnt recently...

Reinstall and cross your fingers, legs, arms, hair... ;) I hope a proper RECOVERY PROCEDURE will do it for you (PurE2 v. 6.3!)...

Good luck!:thumbup:

P.S. WebIF controls are OK? You can watch that way and give all sorts of commands? If so, you can try the procedure from scratch and hopefully... ;)

• Like so... on your PC/laptop, that is... it should all work from there...

80703dd.jpg

• Yes i can command and operate. but as you know know if i boot into recovery i cannot view the interface anymore. I think i have to repair the port. My two cents.

• Reinstall and cross your fingers, legs, arms, hair... ;)

Yes i can command and operate. but as you know know if i boot into recovery i cannot view the interface anymore. I think i have to repair the port. My two cents.

So, nothing to lose if you try "Flash on the fly"...

Good luck!

Thanx, G! But now I really must sleep a little first... This is from my mobile... Night... and day.... :)

• Because FNC make Plugins for certain languages, eg English and may be German or French. He does not Plugins of other languages.

• If we are talking about subtitles - that is not correct...

If you want to translate the plugins - please, contact Franc... Some are doing the job of translating the FNC plugins by Franc (see YIFY, for instance)... No man speaks 111 languages - so get involved... ;)

PurE2 Team Images Support Forum ~ based on OE-Alliance

PurE2 Supported Models ~

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!