Skin Support - Post questions for all my skins in here.

There are 1,467 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 149,413 times. The last Post () by bmitie.

• you were trying an unfinished beta mod, to see if it fixed your missing picon problem.

It wasn't a complete finished mod. The new finished EPG mod is now available on all my skin install threads.

** A person who feels appreciated will always do more than what is expected **

• So I think I have got to the bottom of my picon issue on my rig. After understanding how to debug the enigma box properly with the python print commands and where they were going, I added some extra logging into the skin and can see what was happening. In short, my "searchPaths" list in the picons.py code was getting emptied of my mounted drive. Not found out why this is the case yet, but I was able to frig this by manually readding it to the list if it was empty. This solved it from the EPG top right picon display for the selected channel, but not for the info bar.

I guess there is something not quite right with my NAS drive mount which is causing the "harddiskmanager" to remove the mount from the list at some point. That is my next project to find out why that happens, because I expect that is what then stops picons showing everywhere else.

KiddaC thanks for the offer of help, but I am learning how enigma2 hangs together, so hopefully I should get the to bottom of it.

• Leaskovski

Interesting problem, simple solution put them on a USB stick and see if they work.

If so it a harddrive issue. Also even on harddrive they have to be in a folder 'picon'

You can find the original openatv picon.py here.

https://raw.githubusercontent.…ponents/Renderer/Picon.py

My slyk18picon.py was created to enable smooth resizing of the picons as enigma2 uses old code to resize graphics which results in crap blocky images.

Not all my skins use a standard size picon and therefore has to resize them accordingly. Hence the need for this component.
    It also allows the download of large picons to be used in smaller spaces.

Download something like winMerge and compare the original with my amended slyk18picon.py version.
    You might find your Eureka moment.

** A person who feels appreciated will always do more than what is expected **

• Ok, so I have found my issue. If I change my mount from FSTAB to AUTOFS, then its fine. If I change it back to FSTAB, then picons don't work from /media/hdd/picon. My guess is that the enigma2 code just doesnt handle FSTAB mounts the same as AUTOFS mounts, as in it doesn't trigger the mount commands and thus doesn't flag the picon code properly.

• Aye, thanks for bearing with me! :) I think now that I have the details I will raise a bug to the OpenATV guys and let them know my findings and find out if I am using the mount functionality wrongly. In the mean time, my "hack" of your picon.py file fixes the problem and allows me to use an FSTAB mount setup. Thanks again for your hard work. I owe you a beer on next payday.

• Hi Kiddac,

I love the Onyx skin. Defo the best I have tried. Much appreciated!!

My setup: Zgemma H7c + openATV v6.3 Skin: Slyk Onyx 1080 v1080_2.25_20191117

Movie Planner mod: OpenATV- enigma2-plugin-extensions-openatv-movieplanner-mod_2.0_all.ipk

EPG Buttons Mod: OpenATV - enigma2-plugin-extensions-openatv-epgselection-mod_3.0_all.ipk Post Nov 2019

I have one small issue.... I have installed the skin and also installed the "Movie Planner Mod" and "EPG Buttons / Tabs Mod" ipk's but have an issue when looking at my recordings. I am using openatv's default media player (I do also have EMC but have disabled that as advised in your thread "https://www.linuxsat-support.com/thread/124479-updated-slyk-onyx-1080-install-faqs/"

The problem is this... When I watch a program - if I stop it part through then all is good in the display - it shows the "viewed" logo and a part progress bar. The problem arises when I finish a program to the end. The program reverts back to "Recorded" status with an arrow in the circle icon and no progress bar rather than what I would expect ("viewed" status with a tick in the circle icon and 100% progress bar). This is making it impossible to know which programs have been watched as what is displayed is the same as it is for a recorded and unwatched program.

Is this a bug with the Media player or something else? I would prefer to have used EMC - I did try it and all was well (I told it to use your skin) apart from the seek panel when fast forwarding etc. which did not display the start/end progress times properly at the beginning and ends of the progress bar. I quickly disabled it again and reverted back to the built-in player because of that. EMC did however seem to keep track of the "viewed" status at the end of the programs as far as my testing could see.

Any help most gratefully received.

Cheers,

Paul

• Well it is most odd. Some recordings show "viewed" with a tick when finished but other go back to "Recorded" with an arrow

I have toggled most of the settings. I even set "at end" to "ask" and selected "Yes and return to movie list". Sometimes it works and sometimes not.

I just can't get my head around it. I did see this thread: https://www.world-of-satellite…-watched-if-played-to-end

It must be a very specific set of circumstances or something...

Grrrrrr.....

:-)

and... I did remove EMC and did a full reboot too. No change.....

Edited once, last by master G: Link to a forum that doesn`t allow linking to other forums removed. ().

• One other feature request if I may. My Sat Box is the Zgemma h7s and it has 2x sat and 1x T2 tuner. It would be really really handy if one of the little boxes on the channel info could show which tuner is being used (either A,B,C or DVB-T DVB-S2) . Seems like a small thing but when you are looking to hunt down a recording conflict on the 2 main sat tuners (with the view to setting it to record on DVB-T to avoid the conflict), this information would be really useful.

55df67db.png

Just a thought.

Thanks

Paul

• It did (once) but now when I press info for a second time it cancels the infobar. however if I click ok and then ok for a second time it seems to bring up more info with the tuner info. I must have buggered up my settings again but I can't see where :-)

It does again now. Thanks for the heads-up KiddaC

Cheers for the help.

Paul

KiddaC Skins and Plugins

KiddaC Enigma2 Picons, Plugins and Skins, includes slyk-1-HD, v-skin-HD, slyk-q-HD, slyk onyx skins, Bouquet Maker Xtream, E2Piconizer, IPTV Bouquet Maker, Jedi Maker Xtream, Jedi EPG Xtream, ScreenNames, Visual Weather and X Class, X-Streamity - Xtream Codes IPTV Player.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!