Skin Support - Post questions for all my skins in here.

There are 1,432 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 146,440 times. The last Post () by urie.

• I am stuck in my ways, I always used openatv. So everything I create is 100% guaranteed to work on that image.

But a lot of people have moved onto pure2 as it offers some newer funkier tools and layouts. Personally pure2 is a bit bloated for my liking, to many bells and whistles. But no build is perfect for everyone, try a few and see which ones suits your needs and usage.

** A person who feels appreciated will always do more than what is expected **

• Pure2 only has funkie layout if you choose estuary skin, you can use any other skin, like my skins and things will be what you are used to.

Historically most people that use gigablues tend to use openvix. Because world of satellite is vix based, and they used to massively promote gigablues.

I still use openatv 6.3, as at the moment I not got time to be experimenting with 6.4 yet. New releases always come with a plethora of problems that haven't been addressed by skinners or plugin makers. Nowadays I tend to wait around 6 months before trying beta releases.

• Using Onyx with my own set of transparent picons. Some darker picons don’t show well against the Onyx background. Changing the picon background in Vix “Menu/Setup/User Interface/Settings” menu doesn't seem to have any effect. Is there another way?

• Using Onyx with my own set of transparent picons. Some darker picons don’t show well against the Onyx background. Changing the picon background in Vix “Menu/Setup/User Interface/Settings” menu doesn't seem to have any effect. Is there another way?

Unfortunately I use a custom picon component in my skins, so the background will not work.

What sat picons you trying to use.

You can always try my epiconizer plugin. (should be available via vix feeds / extensions)

If not it can be found here.

E2Piconizer - Picon Downloader/Creator

That will allow downloading picons from source. Alternatively you can set the picon source to local, i.e change to your current picon folder and add in a coloured background.

*note this will override the originals so create a backup of your picons first*

• I am stuck in my ways, I always used openatv. So everything I create is 100% guaranteed to work on that image.

But a lot of people have moved onto pure2 as it offers some newer funkier tools and layouts. Personally pure2 is a bit bloated for my liking, to many bells and whistles. But no build is perfect for everyone, try a few and see which ones suits your needs and usage.

Why do you prefer OpenAtv images?

• Personal opinion. Nothing else.

In my early days of skinning. OpenATV was the least troublesome of builds to design for, while keeping its roots around OE-Alliance base.

They changed very little, kept most things backward compatible and overall gave me less mither.

I also preferred the menus structures on openatv rather than other builds. It just seemed more logical and easier to find things when I was starting out.

OpenVIX was becoming more and more invaded by the OpenPLI team who are renouned for being selfish developers and breaking everything with not a care of how many skins or plugins they broke as long as their stuff worked. I also begrudged OpenVIX for a long time due to their attitude towards Zgemma users. Oh how things have changed :)

OpenPLI I have no interest at all for designing for because as mentioned above I think their developers are careless and selfish in their work. Although I am fully aware there team is most proactive than most, and form the base of lots of new ideas. But due to the grief they have caused me over the years with my work, me and the OpenPLI team are not best of buddies.

OpenBlack Hole I use as a base image on my vu+ Zero 4k, for ease of multiboot. It's a good build and their team have done great things of it of late. But again I prefer OpenATV menu structure.

Pure2. I keep dipping in and out of Pure2. And it is by far the most modern of all images. To me it's more of a newby interface. Tries to be too user friendly. And all that niceness comes at a cost of extra bloat. I prefer my builds to be minimal as possible. But that is just personal opinion. They also write lots of unique components for their image. These files are hidden away in .so libraries so it is difficult to skin or amend their stuff. So what is the point of being innovative if they don't share all their goodies. This prevents anyone but their team building on their work. To me this goes against everything this community is meant to be about.

And i will further add to this. VTI. I had to teamviewer into a box yesterday using VTI. My god that is an awful confusing build compared to all the rest.
    When you try to be different just to be different, ends up with the biggest pile of shit ever. Their boys need to go back to design school. :)

No image is perfect for everyone. You just need to find one that suits your needs and usage.

• Can you see any difference between OpenXXXX images and original based images (BlackHole and VTi) in terms of pictures quality (image of the channels in TV screen)? There is a lot of people saying that Vu+ based images have better picture quality than Open-Alliance images in Vu+ boxes.

regards

• kiddac

I thinking of being adventurous and installing pure2 on my box as a second image just to see what all the fuss is about. Just a quick question for you. When installing your skin which mod files should I use the openvix or atv or none at all.

Thanks

• Hi KiddaC, just a minor issue I'm having with slyk 1080. Great work on all of these skins btw. This question might've been asked before - just regarding the Graphical EPG tabs (which I'm sure you're sick to death of hearing about at this stage :P ).

See in the two attachments, when I select the first bouquet (All channels), the list of bouquets across the top 'wraps' so that the first bouquet is shown again in the list after the last one. This doesn't happen when I switch to the second (Entertainment) or any subsequent bouquet.

I'm wondering if it's possible for the list to be wrapped for each of the bouquets? This could be an OpenATV issue as opposed to a skinning issue. The EPG tabs actually function as expected anyway so not the end of the world.

Thanks in advance.

• Hi KiddaC

happy new year!

bit of an issue using latest version of Openatv 6.4 20200105

did a clean install and used enigma2-plugin-skins-slyk1080r19_2.13_20191117_all

also using:

enigma2-plugin-extensions-openatv-epgselection-mod_3.0_all

enigma2-plugin-extensions-openatv-movieplanner-mod_2.0_all

Satellite Box - Mutant HD51

all looking good apart from Timers and AutoTimers section, they don't appear to be skinned

not sure if something has changed in openatv or not?

• apologies if this has already been asked, is there a way of placing the time on the epg (TV Guide) screen above the in picture area like it is on main menu etc. (where it shows current time and slyk logo)

thanks

• eachmharcaigh I never wrote the original code for this, I just amended it over the years.
    It's no big deal, so it is what it is, as these files are a pain to amend.

Feartech, everytime there is a major update to an image, they break things.

I have not even bothered installing openatv 6.4 on any of my boxes yet. So no immediate fix for that yet.

e4evs, this is a general skin thread, you need to tell me which skin you are refering to. I presume you mean slyk q.

I originally had it very similar to the original sky epg.

105d731bb503024829ff9.png

but with IPTV now being the prominent force, and space being very limited, the majority of people asked to utilise as much space as possible on this screen.

So we moved everything across and up a bit for this screen.

1547fc7ac5068991a.png

It can be reverted back to the original layout, but I am too busy with other things at the moment.

Ask me again late next week ;)

KiddaC Skins and Plugins

KiddaC Enigma2 Picons, Plugins and Skins, includes slyk-1-HD, v-skin-HD, slyk-q-HD, slyk onyx skins, Bouquet Maker Xtream, E2Piconizer, IPTV Bouquet Maker, Jedi Maker Xtream, Jedi EPG Xtream, ScreenNames, Visual Weather and X Class, X-Streamity - Xtream Codes IPTV Player.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!