Skin Support - Post questions for all my skins in here.

There are 1,435 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 146,591 times. The last Post () by vu-user.

• lincsat as dsayers has said.
    We are in a bit of a transition period at the moment.
    Everybody doing their own python 3 conversions. Nobody really on the same page yet.

At the moment I have personally stayed on openatv 6.5 for the time being.
    I am currently in the middle of a big rewrite of my xstreamity plugin, so I have not got a lot of spare time at the moment to be testing openatv 7.0 or the new python 3 on vix.
    I mentioned a few posts up that I have pretty much given up on the EPG mod, but when I have time I don't think it would be that difficult to get movie planner working again on various images. I am pretty sure the movie planner mod does work on openatv 7, though as its not much different than 6.5. VIX I don't think I have tested yet.

ps.. and it didn't help I crashed my multiboot box a couple of weeks ago, so not re-installed all the latest images again yet.

** A person who feels appreciated will always do more than what is expected **

• Instructions can be found in the skin thread

*UPDATED* Slyk Onyx 1080 (Install - FAQs)

*Note for openvix user you will need to uncomment the vix include from skin.xml after install. There is a screen that clashes with openatv so has to be a separate.*

/usr/share/enigma2/slyk-onyx-1080/skin.xml

• All the required dependancies is becoming a bit of a nightmare with python 2.7, python 3.8 and python 3.9

So you need to manual install multiprocessing for this plugin.

telnet/putty this command

opkg install python-multiprocessing

• The problem is, some images allow both python 2.7 and python 3 libraries.
    Which cause confusion in which library to use.
    So at the moment the easiest solution is just to manually install problem dependancies.

I need to have a look at my dependancies in all my plugins, especially as multiprocessing library seems to cause chaos in python 3.9

• Official Post

I think you have to add opkg update before trying to install dependency files on py2 OE-A images

Not needed for DreamOS

• Hi Kiddac!

I finally found you!

I love your skins. I managed to alter few of them. This is the latest one. (slyk-q-1080) I have 2 questions.

1. How to move mini tv in full epg. I only managed to move the screen itself but not the black box underneath. I want to achieve mini tv touching the egg table. There is also semi transparent line on the right side of this mini tv. I can't get rid of it. I've ben trying for weeks.

2. I want to get rid of channel name from infobar and move logo and progress bar to this area. I found the source (it says do not modify it). There's no way I can move channel logo to the left past this point.

Many thanks

Dave

• It's a long time ago I create these skins, my memory is not so fresh on my skins anymore.

The video picture uses a bit of hack to try and cut off some of the black borders that appear if the screen is offset.

so you have the videopicture code

<widget source="session.VideoPicture" render="Pig" position="0,0" size="500,285" backgroundColor="transparent" transparent="1" zPosition="-2" />

and then directly after it, or in this case (2nd directly after it), you have a mask. It is this mask which chops the tv size
    <eLabel position="0,0" size="490,275" backgroundColor="transparent" zPosition="2" />
    you can actually delete this line and show the tv screen without a mask. - er... you might need to set videopicture to transparent="0" if doing that though.

The infobar picon uses one of my template panels.
    <panel name="infobar-picons" />

as you have found lives in q-picons.xml

The reason it says do not edit, is because in the instructions for this skin, you can edit the top of this file to bring in a different size picon, picon or xpicon.
    The do not edit section, is the actually positioning of it.

By the looks of it, you are not actually modding my skin, but using ity as a reference to create your own.
    So it is probably best to remove the reference to the infobar-picons panel and just copy the code into the inforbar screen.

i.e.

<widget source="session.CurrentService" render="Slyk18Picon" position="499,802" size="220,132" alphatest="blend">

<convert type="ServiceName">Reference</convert>

</widget>

Note render="Slyk18Picon" is my own picon component. That smoothly resizes picons.
    If you just want to use a standard size picon you can just use render="Picon"

• To create your own new skin, it might actually be easier to use default skin as a base as all code is inline and not spread out in multiple files or templates. Plus It doesn't have as many hacks as my skins. To replicate the sky q original layout, lots of crazy stuff was put into this skin. Stuff that you werent even meant to be able to do :)

Default skin is easier to learn from. Then you can look at other more complicated skins to see how they have achieved certain layouts or trickery.

• Thank you very much for your answer. You're me hero! Your skins are the best on the market. I don't really want to start with a blank file since I have no clue how to design my own skin from scratch. I just wanted to tweak your's so it satisfies my needs. I just need to move mini tv screen. I also tried to change Timeline Pig so it slides out as a big rectangle that covers the "played" content on EPG. I couldn't find any reference on the internet. Eventually I gave up. I'll stick what I've got so far.

I will play around with the current skin. I always keep back up files on my desktop just in case... :-)))

Thank you very much for your prompt reply!

D

• Hi, skins look great. I’ve been using Vix with chabs skin for a long time but Vix6 seems to be then end of that. Really keen to use your setup. Looks like might be best on ATV, is that correct. I have ATV flashed now and have your Q skin from the feeds. Looks great, we’ll done. I cant however get the required support files from here as I’m a Newbie!

• All my plugins and skins should still continue to work on openvix 6+. They were converted to python 3 at the start of the testing phase.

I am fortunate that I have an army of testers that report bugs to me.

EPG and Movie planner mods do not work anymore on vix though, everything else should be fine.

• Hi KiddaC hope your doing well mate. I was just wondering if there is anyway too get the Movie Planner Mod or EPG Buttons / Tabs Mod working for Slyk Q 1080 & Slyk 1080 R19 on open Black hole 4.4 or 5.0, 5.0 is python 3 though. it would be great to get them working on open BH. the skin works fine though. thanks for all you do mate have a merry christmas

KiddaC Skins and Plugins

KiddaC Enigma2 Picons, Plugins and Skins, includes slyk-1-HD, v-skin-HD, slyk-q-HD, slyk onyx skins, Bouquet Maker Xtream, E2Piconizer, IPTV Bouquet Maker, Jedi Maker Xtream, Jedi EPG Xtream, ScreenNames, Visual Weather and X Class, X-Streamity - Xtream Codes IPTV Player.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!