KODI plugin openatv 6.3

There are 48 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 39,346 times. The last Post () by extremesat.

• kodi works only on ATV 6.2,with ATV 6.3 and 6.4 no chance,only if Mutant change the driver,it works with 6.3 and 6.4 too

Dall'inizio del 2024 chiudo la mia attività per quanto riguarda E2 per problemi di salute.

Ab Anfang 2024 werde ich meine aktivität bezüglich E2 aus gesundheitlichen Gründen beenden.

• In Zgemma H9 Twin - just tested - with PurE2 6.3, Kodi 17.6 is fine.

If you have a problem with chardet and a few similar files - see attached... Put it in your plugged HDD (USB or SATA) and install from zipped file, restart Kodi, install and start plugins of your choice...

It's working REALLY WELL, actually!!!! BBC iPlayer and WWW iPlayer are fine with UK address (not via my VPN Surfshark, with UK server address, sadly)...

• With Image from Yesterday,on ATV 6.3 the Driver are chanced too,so kodi works now on ATV 6.3,tested without problems.

Dall'inizio del 2024 chiudo la mia attività per quanto riguarda E2 per problemi di salute.

Ab Anfang 2024 werde ich meine aktivität bezüglich E2 aus gesundheitlichen Gründen beenden.

• Yes, we had them in Zgemma H7 6.3 first... :tongue1:

Now, we also have FFMpeg 4.2.1, thanx to Delfi, in Combo/Twin PurE2 v. 6.4...

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

http://www.columbia.edu/acis/ets/CCREAD/etscc/kant.html

• Hi,

i tried OpenATV 6.3 and 6.4 on Zgemma H.2S

On both firmwares there is no Kodi in feed. I also tried to install it from consol: opkg update and opkg install kodi - not found.

I also tested OpenPli 7.2 and no Kodi in feed.

So was it Kodi removed from feed ? Is there any other alternative to play DLNA movie with subtitles. (i tested that kodi can handle it on pc, i also tested dlnabrowser and whatever standard player that dlnabrowser is using can't handle subtitles from DLNA server and have problems with some codecs.

• Your box is old and weak.

You need a new, stronger box for Kodi!

Maybe Kodi Light might work in yours?

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

• Playback from NAS or PC (in home network): The world's first pretty comprehensive E2 tutorial and its predecessor...

Download the last one I made for E2 and find that part... Good luck!

• There is no such a part like "Playback from NAS or PC (in home network)". or i'm looking on the wrong pdf ?

There is a part about streaming from NAS to mmc.

But anyway i don't wan't to change my current setup, which is miniDLNA server on my router which works perfect with my tv (except 10bit).

And in case i don't find player capable to play DLNA on my zgemma i will buy android tvbox which for sure will run KODI.

I also tested Kodi Lite 5 and unfortunatelly i did not find plugin that plays from DLNA server.

• Well, if you do not want to read a bit...

• Well i'm confused what should i read. Are you talking about: "A pretty thorough PBNIGMA II VX guide for Ferrari 500 HD by gorski_12.12.12.pdf" ?

As i said there is no part "Playback from NAS or PC (in home network)" so....i don't know where you point me out.

• You haven't actually read it and tried it, as you read, obviously... Had you done so, with some attention and comprehension, you would have seen this. amongst other things:

fb5910cc71a64d40.jpg

The chapter is entitled "Streaming" somewhat erroneously, since it's 'playback', actually - as it was pointed out to me later on... ;)

Be that as it may, if I remember correctly, the into mentions vertical bookmarks which take you to the part you need, without the need to go page-by-page...

And all the principles are there, if you actually care to try...

Voila!

• So i was sceptical for diffrent aproach than DLNA, but i gave a shot because i liked an option to record on router disc drive. So i configured NFS server on my Openwrt router and basics works fine. I have some minor problems with subtitles coding and major problem with playing h265(no video), but at least i have quite good player for h264. So thanks for not clear but effective advice.

• It's quite clear, when you actually read it... Linux playback is better than DLNA!

Tried CAT7 cables?

• You mean like my cable maybe the reason of not playing video in h265 ? No, it is not a fancy 4k content, it is simple movie with bit rate similar to h264 1080. It is obviously codec problem. I found on some forum post which says, that h2.s doesn't support h265, but at the same time sellers says that it runs h265. Now i found h2.s manual that says: mpeg1&2 h264 and xvid - disappointing.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!