debain server probs please help

There are 13 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 798 times. The last Post () by mickie.

• hi guys total noob here

hoping some of you with experience with debain servers can help I have install led dabian and cccam eventually after a lot messing about , Can now acces it via FTP and via the cccam info page the Problem is that when I boot up it tells me that I have no config file although I have inserted one in th var/etc folder

Another problem is that I can't seem to get it to recognise my smargo reader

Any idvice would be grateful

Thanks
    Mickie

• mickie please introduce yourself in the intro section first! - have a search of the forums, there is a lot of info out there and your questions have indeed been answered in the forum before.

When I boot debian up it tells me the same thing re config not being found as well! It is working and reading my CCcam.cfg so ignore this and carry on.

Smargo reader entry in CCcam.cfg should be

Code
    SERIAL READER : /dev/ttyUSB0 smartreader+

ttyUSB0 could be ttyUSB1, ttyUSB2, etc - depending on what USB port you put it in. You can discover the port by using the 'dmesg' command after plugging in your smargo.

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• hi guys
    thanks for your replies I have done as you said but still no card been reconizes
    card reader /dev/ttyUSB0
    no or unknown card inserted

will try a differnt port and see if that makes a difference

cheers
    mickie

• try putting this in your CCcam.cfg

Code
    SERIAL READER : /dev/ttyUSB0 smartreader+
    SERIAL READER : /dev/ttyUSB1 smartreader+
    SERIAL READER : /dev/ttyUSB2 smartreader+
    SERIAL READER : /dev/ttyUSB3 smartreader+

assuming you have 4 usb ports on your PC

if you have more - then put more entries - you get the pattern I trust!

when you know what one is being recognised you can comment the other lines out.

Not all cards can be read in CCcam - so your reader might well be fine but the card might not.

We don't know what card you have...

• Official Post

With that card you would be far better with an oscam/CCcam combination, i would reccommend starting over with ubuntu server edition and using this autoinstall as smargo support is included.

[h=3]HOW TO - CCcam+Oscam Automated Installation for Ubuntu[/h]
    Once installed these are the configs you will need.

[h=3]How to : Oscam Server or Cardreader with CCcam2.1.3 S*Y UK [/h]
    With these and maybe a little more help if you get stuck you will be running in no time.

• thanks ten below for your help i have managed to get unbuntu server installed and completed the tutorial in the 1st link I am totaly bambozaled about the 2nd link what do i need to with the files i have downloaded

regards
    mickie

• hi guys i have managed to get unbuntu installed and now have reconise my card in my card reader i just cant sem to get a box to connect i haused the same line as i had in my drreambox but what ever i do i cant seem to get it to connect can anybody help

regard
    mickie
    s

• in your CCcam.cfg in debian server you need to create an fline, and you should also define the server listen port if it isn't already.

Code
    SERVER LISTEN PORT : 12000

change the listen port to something other than 12000 if you intend to share outside your own network, might as well do it now rather than later.

the fline can be as follows

Code
    F: user pass

On the client (receiver) CCcam.cfg you need to use a cline that corresponds with 4 things - the internal IP address of your server (which should be static), the listen port of the server (as noted above) the username and password- for example

Code
    C: 192.168.2.100 12000 user pass

change the above to match your own server ip, listen port and fline.

• Remember - Oscam is just your card reader - if the scripts and configs that Ten Below posted are working, then you only need to worry about CCcam on the server, speaking to CCcam on the client. You don't need to do anything more with Oscam.

• Hi guys thanks for all your help

I now have the server set up reading the card and speaking with my dream box on my home network.

The problem I am having now is getting the server to speak to the out side world we have tried a few different ports but nothing is successfull

I was wonder what prts you guys that are on virgin are using ,

Cheers
    Mickie

• Official Post

Who your isp should make no difference, as long as the port you forward matches the server listen port in your CCcam.cfg you should have no problems. The default port is 12000 but for security reasons it is best to choose another of your own choice.

• hi mate

my isp is virgin i have trid porrt 12000.12099, and various others changed it in my port forward and the cfg , i was using there super hub but read they had problems so i now have another router and have the hub in modem modebut have the same issue

thanks for the reply
    mickie

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!