Interfacing Oscam with Tvheadend

There are 22 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 6,639 times. The last Post () by s3n0.

• I'm trying to interface Oscam with Tvheadend running on different servers and can't work out how this should be done.

Tvheadend has been set up with a CA client called tvheadend which has a green tick marked against it

Oscam has a user - tvheadend with a green switch against it which I assumes means On, but I cant tell whether contact with Oscam has been established for the purpose of decrypting. Presumably there would be something the logs for Oscam (and tvheadend) showing a connection had been made.

Can anyone confirm?

• master G

Set the Label from Oscam Configs to TVHeadend Oscam Support
  • We need more details about the problem.

Tvheadend does not have any problems and behaves like a regular softcam client (like set-top boxes).

You have to describe more precisely where the problem is. How did you set Tvheadend and how did you set up an Oscam server. He didn't even write which protocol you use or whether Oscam server works with other clients.

As wrote sat-spider , try to look at Oscam-Webif in LiveLOG, that the Tvheadend client is joining your Oscam server or not at all.

Don't be surprised that nobody will help if you don't write anything about the problem at all !

• I just wanted basic instructions in how to set it up, ie which oscam config file is used to talk to tvheadend.

In tvheadend you need to provide client name, IP address, port, and mode. Do they all need to correspond to settings in one of the oscam config files?

• What you want is a complete Oscam lesson.

Oscam is a server and a client. It is necessary to do more things in the server position. Again, he did not write what protocol it was (what protocol you would like to use) as Oscam is multi-protocol. Since he doesn't write what you want to use the protocol, I believe you have no idea what it is. Just explaining the protocols in Oscam settings, it goes to 3-5 lines :). Many other things then need to be further explained.

Then you need to customize Tvheadend to match what you set for Oscam Server.

At least you have to know that you need exactly ... because I still don't know. What protocol? Oscam will "share" what exactly? Internal UNI reader? Remote reader? USB reader? What provider? Do you want to enable writes (AU)? All this completes the final configuration of Oscam Server and Tvheadend.

Don't be angry, but this is for a longer explanation. Find someone who has experience and who sets you Oscam server personally. If I send you Oscam configuration files, you still won't be able to set Tvheadend.

• What you want is a complete Oscam lesson.

Oscam is very complicated and yes I would like to see an explanation and tutorial. I have spent many hours looking for one without finding one.

Under Config there all these settings

Global

Anticascading

Cache / CW Cycle

Loadbalancer

CCcam

Newcamd

DVB-Api

Monitor

WebIf

And each can have over 20 settings. For instance, how do I know what Boxtype to choose under DVB-Api if I'm using a Mecool KIII Pro, or how do I know if I should select AU ?

• Again, you should also add some LOG from Oscam that either the Tvheadend client ever joined the Oscam server. Also, there will theoretically be a problem with connection or decoding, and so on.

It's really more complicated. You can find the basic manual here:

http://www.streamboard.tv/wiki/OSCam/en

AU - you must first know what it is. The AutoUpdate feature is primarily used to refresh paid packages in the decoding card memory (in the case of Oscam they are called as "entitlements"). This is the sending of EMM control packets to a satellite card that, among other things, can set the validity period of prepaid services. However, every provider works a bit differently and also uses a different kind of encoding on a satellite card (another firmware).

http://www.streamboard.tv/wiki/OSCam/en/AU

Therefore, everything depends on the exact satellite / cable / terrestrial provider you use.

It is not easy. Configs can be found on the internet, but you also have to learn the basics. Unfortunately. Otherwise you won't set Oscam alone unless you have any experience. While you download configurations from the internet, but if you don't know what AU is or what it is, it may be that one month later you will ask again why your satellite card is no longer working (due to EMM packets being missed - key for overpaid services).

Try searching on the internet or on this discussion forum. I recently wrote to someone about the Oscam configuration. Usually the following config files are the basis for Oscam:

oscam.config (Config in Oscam-Webif),

oscam.server (Readers in Oscam-Webif),

oscam.user (Users in Oscam-Webif)

Other files serve for special purposes (filtering, server control, better overview of oscam-webif, and so on). This maybe also help for you:

help installing oscam emu for edision-os-mio4-k-vu-duo-4k

Sport TV1 HD not working on Meo package with Oscam

• The LATEST OSCAM-EMU FOR VARIOUS PLATFORMS Discussion and Request Thread

Hi everyone. I'm not sure if this is appropriate here but i have raspberry pi 2 model b with libreelec 9.0.2 install tvheadend running with my tbs 5922se the problem is that i'm having issues compiling oscam patched from repo under raspbian build 4.9. The error is some sort of libcrypto.so.1.1 file not exist. Hope anyone can help me of any advice how i compile the oscam properly.

Thanks

Additional info. on my libreelec `usr/lib` i have libcrypto.so.1.0.0 and libcrypto.so. And the version of openssl version of the system i used to compile the patched oscam is 1.1.x. and i believe on libreelec was 1.0.2q far as i remember. I'm basically stucked on this problem.

The error was this when i try to run the compiled oscam on libreelec.

Code
    libcrypto.so.1.1 cannot open shared object file No such file or directory

Thanks in advance.

• Hello djkhalix,

please try the following command in the command line (Shell):

ls -al /usr/lib/libcrypto*

There you will see info about all symbolic links but also about the libcrypto modules (files).

Then you will probably have to create a symbolic link to the existing libcrypto library.

For example, you can follow this tutorial but use libcrypto instead of libssl:

oscam problem with the newer versions

Good luck :)

• Yes, oscam is very complicated for advanced users but is simple for beginner.

It's enough to know what You need and what not. (You not known it)

For tvheadend you need newcamd only.

Monitor; Loadbalancer; Anticascader:dvbapi;cache... etc, You not need.

Your problem is not oscam or Tvheadend, your problem is ALL.

You need learn the basics first!

for exemple:

DVBAPI not need on the server (use in receiver only).

.... etc

• I really appreciate your reply on this. I will try to look at it this evening.

I have deal with this another problem which libreelec FS is a virtual read-only from /flash/SYSTEMS. :-( I'm not sure what is the easiest approach to modify it's FS without recompiling the whole LE from repo. Anyway i'm gonna get back with the log results of what you have requested later this evening.

Thank you!

• djkhalix:

I don't know LibreELEC sorry. However, your question is probably also in the wrong thread of the discussion forum. Here, Tvheadend deals with Oscam and not LibreELEC OS :-P. I don't know what the "/flash/SYSTEMS/" folder is for, but maybe there is a kernel with locked writing rights like iOS (iPhone phone) or Android OS.

OSCam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for OSCam Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!