Zgemma H9 2H IPTV unable to play HD / UHD streams successfully

There are 7 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,600 times. The last Post () by marlix.

• Good afternoon all,

I received my zgemma H9 2H box earlier in the week and I have been having some trouble with it.
    I am using it solely for IPTV.
    It came loaded with atv 6.2 out of the box. I installed whooshbuild infinity along with the Serviceapp (Enigma2 playback system from default to serviceapp and then changed the Player to exte3player.)

Within the IPTV Bouquet Maker app I set the TV Stream Type to 5002 and then selected "Create Bouquets" from the main menu. The bouquets generated successfully along with the associated EPG.

The channel list loads fine and I am able to navigate between the different sections of my IPTV service using the PREV and NEXT buttons on the remote.

The problem I am having is that whenever I select a "HD" stream I get terrible stuttering and lagging. BeeBeeCee One SD works absolutely fine for example, whereas when selecting BeeBeeCee HD, the picture and sound stutter every few seconds to the point where it is unwatchable.

I have cleared bouquets and regenerated them, selecting 5001 for the TV Stream Type aswell as 4097, all with the same result.

In terms of my broadband, I have tested on the box itself an I am getting 69.70 Mbits/s download and 17.36Mbits/s upload.

I have added two separate IPTV services and experience the same juddering and stuttering with the HD channels, irrespective of the TV Stream Type selected.

The same channels play without issue on my AmazonFirestick 4K and my phone (via various apps).

Does anyone have any ideas what could be causing this please or how to remedy it? My box was bought purely for IPTV purposes (we do not have VM in this area at the moment), however at the moment it is functioning like an expensive doorstop. I appreciate that these boxes are built for satellite / cable functions primarily, but I would have expected some decent IPTV performance, based on the videos I have seen online.

Any help would be much appreciated
    Cheers
    Jimmy

• have you tried xc plug in lite 2.0,i think its in plugins, give that a try and see what happens

the other thing is maybe whoosbuild has added somethings your box doesnt like,like extra plugins or skins and its taking too much memory up,could try and remove stuff whoosh has added
    id go back to basic though, openatv latest and just kiddacs plugin or what ever you are making your bouquets with, see what happens

• have you tried xc plug in lite 2.0,i think its in plugins, give that a try and see what happens

the other thing is maybe whoosbuild has added somethings your box doesnt like,like extra plugins or skins and its taking too much memory up,could try and remove stuff whoosh has added
    id go back to basic though, openatv latest and just kiddacs plugin or what ever you are making your bouquets with, see what happens

Thank you for the suggestions Paul. I was not aware there was a lite version of the xc plugin. I will give that a go.

Cheers

• There was a suggestion on another forum that this issue may be attributable to Vodafone broadband throttling of iptv streams. I did check out the VF forums and I must say I was still a little dubious that this could be the issue as the same streams played absolutely fine on my 4k firestick (on the same VF broadband network).

However, I did use the XC VPN plug in (as I already had a PrivateInternetAccess account) and configured it to a UK - Manchester VPN. The same channels that were previously buffering, then worked absolutely fine. Very bizarre. It must be some conflict with the way VF handle the streams initiated from the zgemma box / zgemma builds for this box.

Thanks again for your responses.

• Let's keep it simple, guys...

Ciefp's list of channels (easily obtainable from PurE2 feeds: MENU > Plugins > Settings > ciefp...) has many working IPTV channels anyone can get and test with.

1) In the lower part of his list he has an IPTV section, where you'll find IPTV MIX and in it N1 group of channels - SRB, HR, BIH have audio but no video.

Zgemma H7, Edision OS mio 4K and other recs work fine with those channels.

How about other HiSIlicon STBs with the same SoC? Octagon STBs (SF4008, SF 8008?), Dinobot (which ones?)? I don't have any of those, so let's pool our resources, please...

Btw, HD versions of N1 SRB, HR and BIH IPTV channels do not work at my end in any of these STBs, so I presume this has to do with ciefp's list not being up-to-date with those channels...

2) Section Free SlyNet IPTV > Sky News HD is fine in H9.2H. So are other HD channels I found in that section, broadly speaking...

Btw, |> and <| buttons around OK button do work, in PurE2, to change the channel/zapping... :)

Let's start here... ;)

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

http://www.columbia.edu/acis/ets/CCREAD/etscc/kant.html

• master G

Added the Label IPTV Support

Zgemma H9 Support Forum - Combo Tuner DVB-S2X DVB-C/T2 Linux Enigma2 Multi-stream QT Stalker WiFi Digital Receiver

Download Zgemma H9 Twin SE, Zgemma H9 Combo, Zgemma H9 Combo SE, Zgemma H9s and Zgemma H9s SE 4K UHD Series Images and Enigma2 Team Support from OpenATV, OpenBh, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenPLi, OpenLD, OpenSPA, OpenViX, OpenVision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, Sat-Lodge.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!