Strange Bug / Problem in Dreambox DM520 Receiver

There are 7 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,565 times. The last Post () by s3n0.

• Hello Dear Expert

I am facing a problem on two following channels broadcasted from PakSat 38 east.

1- Lahore Rang TV (T.P 4132 V PakSat 38 East )
    2- Such TV (T.P 4096 V PakSat 38 East )

In Dreambox receiver only audio of these channels is working while the video is not shown. But when I decrease signal strength of these channels then after some scratches these channels work fine for longer hours and when I change channel then again they don't open video of the Channels. Or when I pause these channels and after some seconds rewind these channels then the screen of channels is shown but don't play smoothly.

However these channels are working fine on China based and Amiko Alien 2 receiver and on Mobile and TV connected through DLNA function of the Dreambox DM520 receiver.

Here is video link of these channels recorded from Dreambox DM520 receiver.

1- Lahore Rung TV drive.google.com/open?id=1do1S3I_JQfcX2MnR4oCfVhLP_WaQFslZ
    2- Such TV drive.google.com/open?id=1Xp6t7eJ2CSqeCpHBtZiYGLm4p_b6SvGW

Kindly look into the matter and suggest the solution.

Thanking you in Advance.

• Hello.

You still have to specify the exact type of set top box that created your problem and also the version of the Enigma used.

This issue will probably be related to the hardware of your set top box, in conjunction with the tuner drivers in a particular Enigma.

I probably do not know how to advise you. However, as the problem is likely to be hardware, it is better to turn to a discussion forum where these issues are always resolved. Ideally, these issues would be addressed in a discussion forum that belongs to a particular edition of Enigma or in a discussion forum for your set top box (if there is such a forum).

But when I lower the signal strength of these channels

I also do not fully understand how you "reduce" the signal strength. Why are you doing this at all ?! :) Everyone wants to achieve high signal strength, not low.

• Dear thanks for reply.

I am using Barry Allen 2 on DreamBox DM520 original box.

I have tried almost all available Enigma2 Images, but no one is playing these channels.

You may also download and check those videos in any DreamBox Receiver, especially, dm520.

Thanks for shifting this thread to discussion section.

Hope some one would have solution for this problem 😉.

• So now I do not understand anything at all. I do not know exactly what to see in two of your videos when both seem to be okay. The videos you mentioned do not lose the sound. I do not know which box your problem arose. Enigma2 has tried more versions, OK, but what about the other questions?

• That's stupid. The digital stream from the satellite is the standard MPEG TS data transfer in DVB-S / S2, usually H264 or H265 video format. The problem arises with the audio-streams when the devices can not play multi-channel AC3 or DolbySurround effect. When cheap devices have to convert sound to normal stereo, this is usually a problem. However, this problem only applies to audio-streams. Simply explained... the digital stream from the satellite is a precisely defined DVB-S / S2 standard that must work in every device 100%.

I only see your problem in EMM or ECM packets that the provider will start broadcasting during football. SoftCAM or satellite card can not recognize them correctly and start to make stupidity (SoftCAM or card itself).

You also did not write which SoftCAM you are using and whether it is properly configured. Since we are talking about a Linux box, you are probably using UNI reader + SoftCAM. In the case of the physical CAM module with the inserted card, you should not have these problems.

• That's stupid. The digital stream from the satellite is the standard MPEG TS data transfer in DVB-S / S2, usually H264 or H265 video format. The problem arises with the audio-streams when the devices can not play multi-channel AC3 or DolbySurround effect. When cheap devices have to convert sound to normal stereo, this is usually a problem. However, this problem only applies to audio-streams. Simply explained... the digital stream from the satellite is a precisely defined DVB-S / S2 standard that must work in every device 100%.

I only see your problem in EMM or ECM packets that the provider will start broadcasting during football. SoftCAM or satellite card can not recognize them correctly and start to make stupidity (SoftCAM or card itself).

You also did not write which SoftCAM you are using and whether it is properly configured. Since we are talking about a Linux box, you are probably using UNI reader + SoftCAM. In the case of the physical CAM module with the inserted card, you should not have these problems.

You are in the wrong direction. These channels are free to air.

Kindly download these videos and play them with Dm520.

• If I compare both files through the Media Info tool, their format is identical, no difference. The difference is only in the length of the video.

If the video can not play your DM520, then there is a bug in the hardware drivers (audio / video - MPEG hardware decoder) or a physical error on the device directly or simply a provider (or channel operator directly as it is a free channel) sends a stream in an atypical format.

It is special that when the signal strength is reduced, the channel is already playing. Maybe the power supply to the antenna in your DM520 does not work when you mention that the channel works only at reduced signal strength. It could be a defective adapter (from which the power source also flows into the antenna and then it cancels the antenna signal) or something inside the set top box. You simply achieve less antenna interference when you weaken the antenna signal. The signal strength does not mean anything. The signal quality is more important.

Anyway, I'm off of it. You first wrote about changes in signal strength. In this first case, the antenna signal could be interrupted (as the signal strength decreases, of course, the noise of the antenna is reduced).

Now you want me to test a recorded video on some DM devices that can not be played properly. In this case, DM is not able to play the video format specified by the distribution of a particular channel. In this case, you have to find out who is distributing the channel and writing his Email. Or then write Email for Dreambox support.

Did you even try the original Dreambox firmware ?

It's hard to say what's wrong because I did not see it personally. Sorry, I can not help you more. Someone else can advise.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!