OpenVix Image: New feature for Zgemma H9 from 5.2.029 - Move image from NAND to SD card & enjoy larger flash size

There are 6 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 5,185 times. The last Post () by gorski.

• OpenVix Image: Guide how to move image to Micro SD card and
    boot from Micro SD card for larger Flash Size.

This is particularly useful in the Zgemma H9 series (H9S, H9T, H9.2S & H9.2H) due to the 256MB flash, moving image from NAND flash to Micro SD card will allow the installation of both Kodi and QT Stalker and many other plugins and give you a much larger flash size.

8GB Class 10 Micro SD card recommended.

This guide is written for OpenViX, SD card booting was implemented in OpenViX release build 5.2.029, all credits go to Twol from OpenViX Team adding this feature.

For the purpose of this guide we have used a 8GB Class 10 Micro SD Card and Zgemma H9 series receiver newly flashed with OpenViX 5.2.029, basic setup with no extra plugins.

Zgemma H9S, H9T, H9.2S and H9.2H can be purchased in the UK with 2 year warranty from our online store HERE from only £69, optional 8GB Class 10 SD card only £3.95 to use with this guide.

• master G

Added the Label Article
  • Not to be a Hair Splitter, ja... aber... :laugh1:

Actually, credits go as follows (to the best of my knowledge):

1) First script was found on OpenATV and I suppose it was the Captain who wrote it, probably with help/info from developers?

2) Second script was written by Delfi and I helped a bit, searching for a solution to a new partitioning.

(First one was moving root only to mSD, like Flodder before it [gutemine wrote that one], second was moving the root to mSD and USB. For both scripts PurE2 had all the additional little scripts sorted out, too - so users could do it easily and simply via RC, from the couch... They found their way into all the images later on, as I took it to the net...)

Please, note: I insisted we publish this and Delfi put it in the Zgemma developer's GIT, so it was all public immediately...

3 How is this one different, please? ViX guys, can you help? It's stuck on "automatic"? But if it is so - isn't it better user has a choice? As in, mSD or USB, to do it or not to do it etc.?

Don't misunderstand me, just asking to understand what is actually new here - just curious, that's all...;)

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

http://www.columbia.edu/acis/ets/CCREAD/etscc/kant.html

• OpenViX have this all embedded into the Menu System for the H9, no need to FTP scripts. Nice and easy :)

world-of-satellite-banner.gif
    Official Sponsor of the OpenViX Team

Official Distributor of Formuler, Edision, GiGaBlue, Mut@nt Technomate, VU+, and many more...

Secure online ordering - Paypal and all major cards accepted - Order online 7 days a week!

PRICE MATCH PROMISE - WE'LL TRY TO MATCH ANY UK PRICE*

*SEEN ANY PRODUCT CHEAPER? CONTACT US AND WE’LL TRY TO MATCH LIKE FOR LIKE!

• Just for info, to clarify: scripts are included in PurE2.

Others have taken them from us and in those cases they may need to be FTPed to the STB. But not so in PurE2, where it is all available via remote controller... ;)

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

• abu baniaz

Changed the title of the thread from “New feature for Zgemma H9 from release build 5.2.029 - Move image from NAND to SD card & enjoy larger flash size” to “OpenVix Image: New feature for Zgemma H9 from 5.2.029 - Move image from NAND to SD card & enjoy larger flash size”.
  • I haven't yet flashed a H9.x/H92x box, so I can't say for sure but...

In PurE2 for those boxes you go to the same place as before:

MENU > pManager > Scripts > User Scripts > Start script > choose...

Zgemma H9 Support Forum - Combo Tuner DVB-S2X DVB-C/T2 Linux Enigma2 Multi-stream QT Stalker WiFi Digital Receiver

Download Zgemma H9 Twin SE, Zgemma H9 Combo, Zgemma H9 Combo SE, Zgemma H9s and Zgemma H9s SE 4K UHD Series Images and Enigma2 Team Support from OpenATV, OpenBh, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenPLi, OpenLD, OpenSPA, OpenViX, OpenVision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, Sat-Lodge.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!