OSCam Emu and Alien5?

There are 5 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,808 times. The last Post () by gorski.

• Hi, guys!

I help whenever and wherever I can but... This time I need your help... :laugh1:

I got Alien5 and I have started messing with it but... My coders have not messed with Droid, so they wouldn't know...

I do not know of structure and other details re. OSCam EMU for Alien5 under Android 7.1.2. Can anyone help, please? What goes where and how to deal with it (install, start, stop, renew a working key etc.?) Best new version is...?

More info:

Uboot v. is 2015.01-gf60dfb2d0e1

Kernel 3.14.29

UI v. 1.0.09. 2018-10-19 12:46:21

Please, feel free to share any other relevant piece of info, if you know it...

Like anything re. Droid OS and Sat TV/// ;)

Thanx!

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

http://www.columbia.edu/acis/ets/CCREAD/etscc/kant.html

• Hello,mate i'm aslo here to help and learn as i'm interested in buying tha AMIKO A5 COMBO 4K. Is your stb the one i mentioned?

First you have to do is to download and install the oscam-emu which must be in apk format. Then if you are familiar with enigma 2 stbs the process is excatly the same. Yoy can do it by FTP using an FTP client i.e Filezilla writing the IP address with username: root and password:root or dcc or writing in your PC your ip:8888 i.e 192.168.1.1:8888. This is the best solution for me to transfer your oscam files. But FIRST OF ALL you must install the oscam emu.

I'm waiting to hear from you as i have many questions about this receiver before procceding in buying it

• Thanx, I did all of it, more or less but the end result was not good, neither Droid nor E2 worked as expected, I am sorry to have to say... Nowhere near to what is needed to compete with really good boxes, that is...

So, I boxed it... duh... I will give it away and tell them to use Kodi under Android and that's it... for now anyway... ;)

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

• My friend i have to ask you again is it an AMIKO A5 COMBO 4K? https://www.amikostb.com/product/329-a5-combo

Because i have an Edision OS MIO 4K enigma 2 stb and i have make a post to the Greek sales forum to sell it. Μικρές Αγγελίες / Wanted

I don't know if we can make an exchange. I bought the stb 14/1/2019. I have the receipt and everything. The box i'm talking is the following:

https://www.b2b.satking.de/en/…combo-wifi-receiver-white

But the exchange can be done only if the stb is the AMIKO A5 COMBO 4K and i suppose it is in a good condition.

My friend i think your stb works better in android and iptv than enigma 2 and mine works better in enigma 2 than in iptv

I live in Greece and i can give you more details i.e ( my e-mail, viber number) to contact if you want to do the exchange if you still have the box.

Waiting.

Thank you

P.S : My apologies i understood now that you tried enigma 2 in the stb. I was talking about the installation of the oscam emu in the android part.

I'm interested for the android part of the box not the enigma 2, the enigma 2 dosen't work well in this box. When you have the time i would like to ask you about the android part of the box.

Thank you very much again for listening to me

• OK, fellow extraterrestrials, here are my impressions - after a short but sweet stint with Alien5, it went to Greece (Marine1996, above:cool1:) in exchange for another cool lookin', fine lined... ermmm... :tongue1: STB (Edision OS MIO 4K,which my coders have, ergo a no brainer for me)... (I had no idea I am a swinger, Jeez..... :P:loolz: )

Android:

Impressive BLINDSCAN, easy to setup my T90 with 12 LNBs via DiSEqC 1.1 and all was... ermmm... swingin' :laugh1: in that respect: it takes 4 runs, V high, V low, H high and H low, plus another round for radio channels. Fast! Pleasantly surprised!

Satellite list is to be messed with 'till one finds the clit...:eye-tongue: pardon, key, as to how it is done...:laugh1: Simply choose the ones you have in your setup and then save, if memory serves, then it's all cool. One must figure it out but it only takes a few minutes before you are ready to make it all work for you, including creating favourites etc. One can do it all easily using the remote. Just don't enter into it with prejudices that it is all the same as Enigma2, since it ain't, even though the principles are the same... Open mind, open heart, as the English say... ;)

Find an APK format of OSCam Emu for our dear Alien, install it via a USB stick > MENU > File and then enter OSCam menu => one can add one's C lines rather easily from your couch, using the RC (remote controller)! RC buttons >> and << above OK button are to be used for main menu items. The little HOUSE button is the main MENU button. There is another such button a little lower but this is for your channels etc. options (Audio etc. options).

New OSCam Emu versions: find a BIN file on this great forum, stop the OSCam via RC, FTP into Alien5 (FileZilla Client) and under var/bin delete OSCam bin, then move the new one to A5 from your PC and give it 777 CHMOD. Get your RC > OSCam and restart it. Not bad but one must find the right one in order to have PV as AU for AFN, too - as some here report...

Here: Amiko A5 Oscam-emu - post no. 40, thanx to mihaip and esuo2 for posting it!

The best thing about it, under Android, is Kodi , no sweat, streaming is OK!

There are tons of apps to play with under 'Droid, so please yourselves... as it were...:eye-tongue: One has 16GB flash, so hit it, baby... And not just for streaming... Google Playstore is not obligatory, there are other stores, too (by default)... ;)

A new Android FW for A5 (1.0.12, I think) is out. Easy does it, using RC, do the FW update... :)

I have to admit that I had a number of unexplained freezes doing innocuous stuff. So, A5 is not without bugs, sorry...

It's good - relatively speaking - if terrestrial and satellite channels aren't encrypted, plus Kodi for streaming. Good! Not excellent but good.

Enigma2 via PurE2

Delfi/tromo/dromo ported it and it starts elegantly.

Go to PurE2 download > get Balena Etcher mSD Flasher and PurE2 Enigma2 image.

Burn PurE2 onto (single partition) mSD, using Etcher.

Unplug A5 at the back, put mSD into A5 and plug the cable back into A5.

You will have a choice now: Android or Enigma2 > choose PurE2/Enigma2...

In Enigma2 Teams section of this great forum find PurE2 section > Stickies will help you to set it up properly...

PurE2 has some exclusive features and it's really good, using well the powerful A5 64b HW (one of very few on the scene, possibly the first one, so a hobbyists' choice) - however, there are bugs still... Sometimes it's the drivers, sometimes other stuff, not exactly down to PurE2, as they are present in all E2 variations but there you are... I am told the story with it is down to the fact that most things are in the kernel itself, with AML. But there you are, in Enigma2 for A5 we have one more option, possibly a better one for sat TV with OSCam Emu, maybe even terrestrial TV, too...

Apart from the best Device Manager giving extra choices to users, excellent Kodi-like modern skin and so on - some special streaming features are available with PurE2, in FNC plugins, which sets it apart from all other E2s, as well as Android, mind!

The rest I didn't really have the time and nerves to test, since I got an offer for exchange and intrigued - I accepted...

Remember, for PurE2 one needs a really decent quality mSD. It doesn't pay to go cheap on this one.

Do correct me, please, as these are only my first impressions, after a quicky...:saint:

• Thanx to esuo2 for posting it and Mihaip, as esuo2 says!

Amiko A5 Oscam-emu

DO tell how it works, please... :)

Amiko Android, Enigma2 and Spark Receivers

Amiko Android, Enigma2 and Spark Receivers. Discuss everything related to Amiko here. Includes Kodi, MCAS, Oscam, Amiko A3 firmware, Amiko 3 Combo firmware, Amiko A4 firmware and OpenATV, OpenSPA and PurE2 images for Amiko A5 and A6 models.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!