OCTAGON SF 8008 UNABLE TO SCAN CHANNELS

There are 21 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 5,377 times. The last Post () by ak2013.

• Hi master G

I have the following frequency 12417 V 31430 and Octagon sf 8008 does not scan the frequency but other cheap receivers have no problems. Please assist. To make matters worse other engima 2 receivers do not even show signal on this frequency. But octagon sf8008 shows signal and when i scan it just brings one channel in form of 12417 V SID 0x320.. I need your help

• Hi master G

I have the following frequency 12417 V 31430 and Octagon sf 8008 does not scan the frequency but other cheap receivers have no problems. Please assist. To make matters worse other engima 2 receivers do not even show signal on this frequency. But octagon sf8008 shows signal and when i scan it just brings one channel in form of 12417 V SID 0x320.. I need your help

where is this frequency? (satellite etc...)

which are the cheap receivers that receive this frequency without problem?

• Try updating the list of satellites and transponders manually. This means downloading and rewriting the satellite database (enough list of those you use).

Download from here: http://satellites-xml.org/

Placement in Enigma2: /etc/tuxbox/satellites.xml

At some old Enigmas check too these folders:

/usr/share/enigma2

/usr/share/tuxbox

/usr/share

...but they contains maybe a sym-links, not a physical files. If so, ignore them.

Webserver https://satellites-xml.eu/ is currently unavailable. Some Enigma or channel list editing programs (DreamboxEdit, E-Channelizer) download lists just from these servers. It is quite possible that the webserver does not work, so you also do not have current data about the precise transponders for the satellite in use. I do not know if it will help but try it. Do not forget to back up or at least rename your original satellites.xml file!

There could still be a problem with the lamedb file (database linking to channels under the appropriate transponders). But that is unlikely. So after uploading the transponder list (satellites.xml file), you can backup "lamedb" and "lamedb5" files (placed in the folder /etc/enigma2). Then stop the Enigma (with "init 4" command in the Shell) and then delete these two files. Reboot the entire set top box. Next, perform tuning of all stations (all frequencies = all transponders) and, if necessary, use the reboot set top box again. Note that with the new "lamedb" and "lamedb5" datasheets, some channels (data with unsupported or disabled old transponders) may stop functioning. However, when you back up the "lamedb" and "lamedb5" files, you can restore them again :).

• Hi s3no

I have edited channel list but still this frequency can not be scanned despite the signal being available. Please give step by step guidance to solve this problem. Non-linux receivers have no problems like starsat extreme 2000 HD and echolink power vu 9. These two able to scan 12417 v 31430 frequency without any problems, please assist

• Has he also tried the remnant mentioned above ? I think what I wrote).

Mostly, the transponder (or frequency) can not be tuned because it is missing in the transponder database (satellite.xml and / or lamedb[5] files).

• Hi georgeflu

Sorry for not answering on time. The satellite is eutelsat 36B and express AMU1. The frequency 12417 v 31430 is invisible but you get signal when you manually put it there. But the cheap receivers get it once blind scan is done and picture is there. Get that frequency and put it on VU+DUO4K no signal including the much praised tuner of edision nino pro ...nothing . But bring octagon sf8008 signal is there but only can not scan to get the picture only 12417 v SID x320 comes very strange. Is it that the non-linux receivers starsat and echolink have more powerful tuners????? When I go to etc/tuxbox /satellite.xml and write that frequency I still get 12417 v SID x320 once i scan. Any step by step configuration needed for octagon sf8008 to get pictures since it has signal???

• so,we can't see full info of the the frequency (s ,s2 ,t2mi, or something...). and in my area,i do not have reception...

i do not think that it has to do only the tuner...

i think that there is an "another kind" of transmision (something like multistream or something) that your "cheap" receivers has the software and hardware to support it.

i think that if you get signal,than you will do job through astra-sm (a not so simple way), or you have to wait if any manufacturer, will support this type of signals...

• You still only write about the frequency, but the frequency is not the only data that represents the transponder. There are also other data - symbol rate, polarization, FEC, etc. . You can find a list of these transponders, for example, in a lamedb file.

You can not write yourself into satellites.xml file a custom frequency :). There must be real and functional data for existing transponders. If they do not exist, you have a lot of trouble. Ideally, as I wrote earlier, download satellitelites.xml and overwrite the original (old .xml file you can back up).

In the next step - the lamedb[5] file. This is a database where all the channels found (when tuned) are stored, as well as transponders, with the necessary data for tuning. This is an important Enigma database that combines channels and transponders. Enigma works with the lamedb file and looks for the precise channel data required from the userbouquet file.

If there are more identical channels than one on the satellite, with different data but with the same channel name, the lamedb file must be all stored. If they are not all stored then the channel in userbouquet, which does not exist in lamedb, will not work.

So in the final it's like this:

Code
            data used for transponder
                      ^^^^
    satellites.xml > lamedb < userbouquet.*.tv (.radio)

If you add one frequency in satellites.xml, nothing happens. You need to refine your box again with the current (100% current) list of existing transposers. You can also use debugging with available transponders (across all frequencies), but it will take a long time.

Download Satellites.xml from here (mark the satellite you use or at least the region and download the subor):

http://satellites-xml.org/

Another important thing is that manipulating lamedb or satellites.xml would be useful when the Enigme is turned off ("init 4" Shell command). The Lamedb file is rebooted when the Enigma is turned off (it is overwritten).

Try this:

1. Back up "settings" - for example, through DreamboxEdit (it automatically backs up userbouquet files and associated important files: lamedb and trandposnders lists in * .xml and others)

2. Stop the Enigma via "init 4" command

3. Upload the new satellites.xml file and delete these files: lamedb , lamedb5 , userbouquet.*.tv

4. Reboot your device

5. Completely re-tune all satellites/channels through the device tuner

6. Try to switch to your desired channel

If the channel still does not work, the problem will probably in the device hardware.

:)

• Hi panorama

The frequency is 12417 V 31430 and is very strange only starsat or echolink receivers are able to get signal and scan. Octagon is getting signal but not able to scan channels. Vu+duo4k no signal, edision nino pro praised to have latest VERY SENSITIVE tuner alas no signal failed with flying colours.

• Try to add these non-managed channels (so-called "services") manually, for example, using the DreamboxEdit application. First configure DreamboxEdit for your box (IP address, loginname, password, some folders, ...). Then download data from your Enigma2 box to DreamboxEdit. Then, right-click on the lamedb database (on the left side of the DreamboxEdit interface) and select "Add a new service" in the context menu and enter all necessary data for this one service. Next, add this service (i.e., channel) to one of your userbouquets. Upload settings back to the box. Test whether the channel works.

This is a complex process and this problem will not be solved, but you will be closer to solving the problem. :)

• as i wrotte above, it has nothing to do in tuner sensitivity... there is signal. the problem is that this signal is something like data and most receivers can't receive them.

also your wording that "non linux..." is wrong. most of receivers can't receive those kind of signals, and the two of them that you refered above, are familiar and using same chipset (so they both receive those channels).

• ak2013:

I just wanted to try it, no more. If you tried it, we would know where the problem is. So if there is a problem in the antenna, in the tuner (hardware: PCB electronic components, signal modulator, etc.) or in software (firmware: drivers, Enigma2, linux kernel, etc.). If you try it, you will be a small step forward in finding the real cause of the problem.

• Hi s3n0

I guess it is the hardware issue not all models are able to scan. Only starsat & echolink same family though different names but hardware is the same are able to scan. The rest nothing and octagon sf8008 and dinobot U5 mini try to show signal but the rest nothing at all. Zgemma, dreambox, edision, vu+, strong, etc can not show anything....I guess its hardware issue. Most of high-end boxes can not show signal what a shame????

• It does not matter.

Each version of Enigma can use, for example, a completely different driver from the manufacturer to handle hardware. Or it can also be a problem with the electronics inside the set top box. We will never find out if you do not work ;-). If you use a different distribution of Enigma, it can all work again.

But first you have to be sure. If you know where the problem is, then you can shout because you will know what and where to shout. If there is a problem with the device, write to the manufacturer's support or take the appliance to the electrical service. If there is a problem with the Enigma firmware, you will write to the development team of the Enigma. If there is a problem in you, you only write a smiley.

First, you need to know what the problem is. Then you can solve it or ask how to fix it, or you can then report a BUG.

• Hi s3n0

Thanks for your feedback...mind you we can not fault any box so far. First we should understand the nature of tuners involved. The channels in question should be using very different systems altogether. If you check this satellite https://www.lyngsat.com/Eutelsat-36B-and-Express-AMU1.html you will not find the TP 12417v 31430 its not there.

All those TPs on this satellite within footprint of my area, all the mentioned boxes are picking the channels. Can you say the boxes are fault???? The answer is NO.....The boxes are very fine and working perfect.

If the satellite 36e is within your coverage, you will get all TPs. But if your box is not in the category of starsat nothing will show. You see its a learning situation and you should have asked me to explain because this is equally strange to me.

Starsat and echolink tuners are in the very different league...highly sensitive tuners and use different blind scan . They have normal and advanced deep scan that fishes hidden TPs of which some enigma2 boxes do not have even a simple blindscan. We are told developers are yet to find software for blind scan to work. So far octagon sf8008, zgemma, edision have blindscan a simple one and not categorised like for starsat.

Many boxes so far can not scan and get pictures for this tp 12417v 31430 and we can not say all have problems when other TPs are being scanned and working very well. The sensitivity of tuners could contribute here....This is a new discovery indeed....By the way what is your make of your box?? I have starsat, echolink both kings so far, VU+DUO4K, octagon sf8008, dinobot U5 mini, zgemma h9s, the list goes on. Please give more inputs so that we know exactly whether its tuner sensitivity or not. By the way even other positions , the situation is the same on 18w.

• OMG, well, I know that there really is a station on transponders. But the question is, if there is even in your set top box and if it does not exist, then there is another question that 'why'. Or the correct question is, what can be done to have a station in your set-top box. :)

I know that if the tuner can not find certain frequencies (transponders), then it is better to use the downloaded current satellitelites.xml file from the internet. This is exactly what the programs are used to edit channels (DreamboxEdit or E-Channelizer). Also Enigma some firmware downloads the current "satellites.xml" from the internet. I do not know why you're bothered. Upload new satellites.xml and it has to work. If it does not work then do you have a weak signal on the tuner ?

What you write about non-linux boxes is true because they were dependent on automatic searching for transponders, through specially developed electronics inside the box. However, in the case of Linux boxes it is a bit different. There is mainly CPU instead of analog technology :). And that's probably a problem. Maybe with very expensive boxes for 500 EUR and more money it's ok and their tuners are very sensitive. However, the standard set top boxes for 200 EUR or less can not do much about their electrical equipment

Sorry, I can not help you more. I can find the cause, but if there's a problem in the box electronics, then I do not know.

• Hi s3n0

I totally agree with you that some not all non-linux boxes have special hunting electronics developed inside them and perform wonders. Linux boxes I think the target is different and not much attention is paid to tuners for hunting TPs. Believe me or not even expensive linux boxes can not match non-linux tuners. V+DUO4K is not a cheap box and costs above 200 EUR. But non-linux boxes cost less and octagon sf8008 costs less than 200 EUR but performs better than expensive ones in terms of signal. Moreover, octagon sf8008 has blind scan when other expensive boxes do not have.

I have been checking latest satellite.xml files and do not contain that TP....I guess you should know the reason, not for public use. To have an open mind it pays even a professor learns from his students, research never ends and new things are discovered every day. This discovery needs more attention and should not be used to blame others boxes, targets are different.

If you are a very fast driver you get a benz, vw, volvo, audi, bmw,kia or any other fast model. But you can not go for ordinary toyota corolla and aim to be fast you can easily crush. The same applies to boxes the targets are very different and we force them to do what is not meant for them.

Well, you need to put technology at play here for linux boxes where you put software and drivers together something you suggested to share earlier in your post and now you are reluctant to teach others. Please lets share here to see if the same results can be obtained.

The same tricks used in non-linux boxes can be used in linux boxes i believe because non-linux boxes have simple hardware, but linux boxes have advanced cpu,ram, capacity and speed ( quad core). Do not say you will not share any more....Linux boxes have no problems but issues of configuration needed

OCTAGON SF8008 4K UHD Linux Enigma 2 2160p H.265 HEVC Dual Wifi Multi-Stream DVB-S2X & DVB-C/T2 Combo Receiver

Download OCTAGON SF8008 4K UHD (DUAL OS) Images and Enigma2 Team Support from OpenATV - OpenB - OpenPLi - Open Vision - PurE2

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!