Serviceapp missing from Dream Elite 6

There are 3 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 3,353 times. The last Post () by sajid727.

• Recently installed Dream Elite 6 on my DM820. Noted that serviceapp pluging missing from feed so could not install it. Could some one advice that how could i install serviceapp, since Dream Elite supports debian files only so i need serviceapp in deb format or any link. :heartflowers:

Thanks

• IPK and DEB are still the same. The difference is probably only in the type of compressor used. Or am I wrong ?

BTW, the DM820-HD is a mipsel architecture, so look for a mipsel package especially.

There is also the possibility of manual installation by unpacking the DEB / IPK package (for example, using the PeaZip utility). And then you copy the files in their place (necessary knowledge of the basics of working with Unix / Linux systems).

The problem is also that if "serviceapp" is not self-installing, you must also install "ffmpeg" and "exteplayer3" packages before.

• Adding attachments: Mentioned three things (in ZIP format).

But I warn you that you have to know what you are doing !

I am not responsible for any violation of your Enigma :).

The attached exteplayer3 and ffmpeg binary files are designed only and only for mipsel architecture ! No arm ! No sh4 !

Archives are dressed from the installation packages, from the OpenATV-6.3 feed server (2019-06-03).

If your Enigma has the "ffmpeg" and "exteplayer3" packages, install these two packages directly from your Enigma feed. There are also many dependencies to other libraries, for "ffmpeg" and "exteplayer3" installers. That's why it's better to install them from your Enigma feed!

Then just use only the zip-archive serviceapp (unpack and copy to set top box).

Remember that all binary files that are copied to the "/usr/bin" folder must have the specified execution attribute:

cd /usr/bin && chmod +x ffmpeg ffprobe ffserver exteplayer3

• master G

Closed the thread.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!