Configure multiple readers oscam.server

There are 18 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 10,850 times. The last Post () by abparacha.

• Hi all,

this is the right section to have best support. Question is basically:

I configured oscam to work with my smart card and its working.

Is it possible correctly adding readers (to oscam.server) and users (to oscam.user) keeping the current working configuration? And also avoid the installation of another oscam or ccam, so that it is not forced to continuously change for the right cam in blue panel?

Thanks in advance

• really I'm newby to this world....

a forum user kindly helped me to install and configure oscam 11284 blackhole armv7hf with my tvsat card and it works.

sorry if i can not explain, because i don't know the oscam use yet.

Substantially at the moment i have oscam.server

and oscam.user

If I add to oscam. server more reader configuration, for example

Is this the right way? Would it work? Should I also change oscam.user?

Thanks for your suport. I appreciate it.

• Official Post

Well you are right this is the place you get help and special if you are newbi

we have all started where you are :)

Use groups to assig readers (Cards( to users.

If you look in to the reader config you ca give every individuel readre a group assignment.

ex: readre 1 group 1, reader 2 group 2 and so on

Then add users to the corresponding group

ex: User 1 needs reader 2 then add him to group 2 only and he cant use readre1.

If User 1 need reader 1 and 2 add him to both groups.

group = 1,2,3,4,5 are separte with comma sign

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope this helps you to setup your sytem as you want.

• ok, I've studied your answer :eye roll:. they could be basic concepts but I still have to assimilate them.

So, if I understood correctly, at the moment the only user in my configuration is "Locale" from oscam.user and he can read from group 1,2,3,4,5.

Each group refers to the correspondent #reader.

In my latest attached example of reader I added user3 that can read obviously #3 reader. But, also "Locale" can do it or not?

Maybe, simple I have to edit oscam.user adding in this way:

it is right? or did not I understand anything? :whatthefuck:

• Official Post

You got it right.

In you example user "local" have access to all readers

and user "user3" only have acess to reader with group name 3

:thumbup:

• In you example user "local" have access to all readers

:thumbup:

And what is the utility of this configuration? I mean, why user "local" has been assigned to so many groups? sorry if the question is stupid...

EDIT:

it would no longer be right to assign "Locale" user to group 1 only?

• Official Post

Allways nice to be of assistance :)

I assume that user local is assigned to DVBAPI the internal user of Oscam

and that user can be compare to Admin,

Or you can also say thay when you are watching TV from the box with Oscam you want to have access to all readers ;)

• Official Post

There is many settings in Oscam but by default its asking all readers but prefer the one with lowest usage.

And if you dont run one big operation with lots of users there is no need to change those settings.

You can leave as is and have no problem.

• In a variety of ways, you can control access to multiple external readers (defined in the "oscam.server" file):

lb_weight (custom scaling for reader priority)

group (by separating users into groups)

caid (simple way to lock card to some users)

dvbapi (caid priority, ignoring, mapping, and other rules...)

services (filtering specific channels from a particular provider)

etc.

Some of these items can be used, for example, to define a user and not just to define a reader, such as caid = xxxx.

More info here: http://www.streamboard.tv/wiki/OSCam/en

• hi seagen . I studied wiki posted by @s3n0 Just a thing, it isn't noch clare, this is my actual configuration.

if it is not too much to ask, I think I believe it could improve. For example: Can I assign to readers from 2 to 7 the same group: 2 and modified user account (davicom) to assign only group 2? Same thing on reader from 8 to 13, can I assign them to group: 3 and modified user account (2davicom) to assign only group 3?

wouldn't it work better and be more elegant?

• You can define groups with each other as needed. However, the group really refers to a complete setup on a particular reader. Groups are suitable for large groups. For example, you give to some users access to all channel packages, but you can only access some groups (users) for a few packages only. Groups are separated by commas - in the "account" settings (file "oscam.user") and also in the "reader" settings (file "oscam.server").

http://www.streamboard.tv/wiki…Config/oscam.server#group

http://www.streamboard.tv/wiki…n/Config/oscam.user#group

OSCam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for OSCam Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!