OpenATV ver. 6.2 (latest Oscam)

There are 13 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 12,489 times. The last Post () by Caesar.

• Hi,

OpenATV version 6.2 with the latest firmware installed- what would be the most reliable Oscam version please? The Oscam version I have installed (enigma2-plugin-softcams-oscam-11329-linuxsat_openatv_armv7ahf-vfp-neon.ipk) constantly disconnects and it uses a cached version which I don't know where it is located to clean it.

But I really would like to start from scratch, do a complete factory reset. But I heard it is not possible? Could some kind soul please help how to do it (the version which came with the box when I bought it)?
    Or how can I reset the box so there is NOTHING left except the OpenATV version (no cached files, no temp. files, no Oscam installed...nothing). And then I install teh latest Oscam which hopefully works.

Thank you kindly.

Cheers

Caesar :)

• You didn't write what your box is , anyway you can find the OpenAtv image easily here .......http://images.mynonpublic.com/openatv/6.2/index.php....... or the latest here ....http://images.mynonpublic.com/openatv/6.3/index.php...... or push the "Firmware" button at the top of this page and choose the firmware you like ....unzip it on a USB pendrive (max 8 GB) and flash it to the receiver, remember that OpenAtv hasn't the Softcam Feed installed so you have to install it if you want download oscam!

• Thank you guys.

I have an Octagon box here. I know how to install the latest Firmware and version. I was just looking for a clean setup before installing the latest Oscam.

Thank you Panda555 for that file which I will try after the factory reset.

Spasivo TVolik also for your help. I will have a look there bore installing anything to see the mishaps which might have caused all the trouble here.

Cheers

• Here, in attach you will find oscam config for OpenATV image.

Unzip this file with 7-zip.

That doesn't work. :unhappy:

Would you have by any chance the files I have to add into the usr folder as well? The files I have and filled out do not show up on teh box. There is something not right.

Thanks again.

• I have the Octagon SF4008 here.

In the usr folder is a folder called keys. In there are following files:

oscam.conf

oscam.dvbapi

oscam.server (in there I need to add the user, password, server address and port)

oscam.servid

oscam.user

There was no ARM oscam folderadded to the usr folder using your ipk file. I installed that ipk file through extensions.

Anything I miss? Is there a ReadMe file somewhere or a tutorial file?

Thanks again.

Cheers

Caesar

• Hi panda,

I thank you for your help.

You only uploaded an ipk file, not a zip file with all folders included and a ReadMe file how to install it.

That set-up with your ipk file did not work...

• Did you unzip ipk file in my post#2 in attachments? When unzip you will find oscam in ARM file.

Oscam goes in path usr/bin and rename permissions to 755. Then find openatv folder.

In this folder is Oscam_emu, and go to folder etc . Also change rights to 755. Then make folder

"config" in path etc/tuxbox.To do all this you need Totalcommander on your PC and connected

your receiver with LAN cable.Before delete all oscam files in your receiver

• Caesar:

You don't need a ReadMe How-To for the IPK package installation. It is an installation package that you install into Enigma with the help of the OPKG manager.

1. Upload the installation package to your box via FTP connection to the "/ tmp" folder
    2. Then connect to your box via Telnet or SSH protocol (eg using the PUTTY application you download from the Internet) and install the package by command to the Shell console (Telnet / SSH):
    Code
    opkg update
    opkg install /tmp/package_filename.ipk
    reboot
  • Did you unzip ipk file in my post#2 in attachments? When unzip you will find oscam in ARM file.

Oscam goes in path usr/bin and rename permissions to 755. Then find openatv folder.

In this folder is Oscam_emu, and go to folder etc . Also change rights to 755. Then make folder

"config" in path etc/tuxbox.To do all this you need Totalcommander on your PC and connected

your receiver with LAN cable.Before delete all oscam files in your receiver

Hi,

Oh, I installed the ipk within the OpenATV ipk package installer. A mistake I see now...

Thank you for the clarification.

Cheers

OSCam-EMU Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for OSCam-EMU Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!