VU+ Duo 4k pixelation problem

There are 17 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,329 times. The last Post () by vhfuhf.

• I came to realize that this could be a real problem with the vu receiver duo 4k...

The receiver while playing any channel it pixilates randomly... Like if you had a bird going infront of the lnb...

This is a real problem as I tried different images and they all have the same problem...

There is an actual YouTube video that shows what I am talking about... Here is the link...

The problem happens on the 1:01 minute of the recording...

I tried two different tuners and the problem still there...

This happens on 4k and regular HD like the video on YouTube.

Does anyone have any idea how to fix this?

I tried playing the octagon and vu side by side and the vu has issue while the octagon plays fine....

This is honestly a huge problem on the vu duo 4k.

• Not to state the obvious, but there is a huge storm battering the UK at the moment. Are you sure its just not the wind blowing your dish.

Does your dish need tweaking. Is your signal over 70% on most channels. If not it probably needs a quick nudge.

Does your f-connector need re-ending. Is there any excessive wiring around the connector. Is the center wire straight.

Are your cables full sealed, or has water potentially got into them.

Is this for free to air channels, encrypted or iptv?

Is your box well ventilated, it could be over heating?

There are many things to check before finally deciding the tuners are poo.

** A person who feels appreciated will always do more than what is expected **

• No to everything...

I have 18 DBS of signal 100% signal... This happens on all channels...

The only time it works ok is if I'm watching IPTV....

I even used the same cable on the octagon and octagon had no issues...

I had the same picture playing on two tvs side by side and the vu for sure has a problem ....

I will try their image but if this continues .. this box will go back where it came from....

Trust me... I have enough signal and a spectrum analyzer right beside me... I can for sure tell you the signal is perfectly fine...

There is something wrong with the vu duo 4k playback... Maybe something the vu team has to look into it....

If there was a signal problem the audio would break... The audio never suffers anything... The issue is with video only...

The issue happens with FTA and encrypted...

I don't think it is a tuner problem... I tried with an external tuner tbs-5925 and same thing happens.... It is something with the receiver itself... Just not sure what.....

• Official Post

I have an issue with audio on mine

Randomly. Sometimes it's fine for days other times it can happen every hour or so..... I am only using dvb/c At the moment.

Try disabling timeshift and see if you still have an issue.

Also post your tuner configs

• The audio is a hit and miss....

You are correct... It can work for days and suddenly it goes into this static audio...

I go up and down on channels and problem goes away...

If the issue was the audio I could live with it .. the thing that bothers me is the video pixilating every so often...

I do believe it is a software issue because yesterday the receiver frooze and the playback stopped pixilating and had no trouble .... I couldn't change channels because it frooze... So I turned of the receiver and back on and the issue came back...

I will try the vu image ...this is certainly not good on this receiver....

• Official Post

okay just flashed VTI....

Audio problem still there

No mutistream dvbsx channels work

HDMI input works BUT recording of the HDMI input dose not work

Kodi dose not launch

Anyone have other issues i can add to the list ??

• Im using openatv 6.3... recording work but I'm not sure of input HDMI was ever meant for input recording....

I don't think any image will give you ACM... Satdreamgr has ACM working image but the duo4k is not in their image list...

Try openvix and black hole 3.0.8 and see if the problems are still there...

I will try those images next...

Hopefully time will fix these issues... The pixelation is a huge issue for me... this could be a bad motherboard issue... Really have no idea....

• Official Post

First of all if you have an issue with any Vu+ go to vuplus.com and do a bugg report

also allways have a fresh copy of the OI 3.0 original image in your OpenMultiboot

so you can booth in to that image and see if there still is the same problem

And if you have Blackhole as image in your Vu+ you allways have the closest to the original image you can get

Just mount an usb stick and use OMB (OpenMultiBoot) to install your preferd image

and run your Vu+ from that and keep Blackhole in the flash :)

Then you allways can have controll if its a image problem or an Hardware problem :)

• Seagen... I already went to the vuplus.com and reported this bug ... They actually don't have the drop down menu to select the duo 4k....

Never the less I did report and hopefully they received my issue....

I will make a video and upload so you all can see what the issue is...

I had no idea that black hole is the closest image to stock... I will certainly try and see how it works.... hopefully black hole will have the support for TBS 5925 so that I can do ACM...

it is just very frustrating to see these pixelation here are there...

• Official Post

Yes Vuplus is no good the give feedback on bugg issues but they work on them i can asure you abouth that.

If you install Blackhole in the flash you can still use any image you prefer just install it in MultiBoot.

• I installed purE2, openatv,vti,openpli and they all pexilate...

This is definitely not normal... How can this happen on all these images?

• Official Post

If you have checked all cables , connections and LNB its most likely a driver issu with the Duo4K but you have still not try Blackhole and OI 3.0 Vuplus image?

And you are the only one reporting this issue as far as i know

have not seen any of the same problems over at Vuplus Community

• master G

Added the Label Display & LCD Support
  • master G

Changed the title of the thread from “Duo 4k pixelation problem” to “VU+ Duo 4k pixelation problem”.
  • So I finally installed the Black Hole image latest one 3.0.8.c and I no longer have the pixelation issue ... Blackhole image works perfectly ...

Does anyone here knows how I can copy the drivers from Blackhole image and use on OpenATV or any other image?

• Official Post

I think that drivers cant be just coiped from one image to another so you are stuck in the BlackHole ;)

But what you can do is to install OpenBlackhole 4.2 and see if that image works also

If so you might be able to use those drivers since OpenBlackhole is built from OE Alliance just like ATV is

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everything in life that's any fun is either immoral, illegal or fattening

If you want to support the Linuxsat-Support forum

Become a VIP Member

• Anyone with the Vu Duo4k running OSCAM or NCAM that while watching either Bi$$ or PV has problems where the receiver does pixelations randomly?

Is this only happening with my Duo 4K ?

If yours don't have issues ... please let me know which image and OSCAM version you have ...

VU+ Duo 4K PVR ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver UHD 2160p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!